FN Herstal Firearms banner
3141 - 3160 of 3167 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I would be curious to know if anyone else has done business with them. There are a few red flags for me. Payment options. Price is a big one. That ammo usually hangs around 1.00 plus a round .81 cents is less then what it was even before shortages. I also checked their 5.56 ammo and case of 1,000 in federal is $500 bucks. I could be wrong but sounds a little too good to be true

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
179 Posts
It's 500 rounds, not 1000 rounds. 10 boxes would be $37.5 per box of 50, so $0.75 per round, not 41 cents. I picked up 10 boxes of SS197SR 2 weeks ago for $27.99. So the price is lower than current normal, but not lower than pre-pandemic normal.

As far as the website, they seem to have an address and phone number. I haven't tried to check out, thought. Maybe it might be a good idea to call before placing an order.

·
Registered
14 Posts
It's 500 rounds, not 1000 rounds. 10 boxes would be $37.5 per box of 50, so $0.75 per round, not 41 cents. I picked up 10 boxes of SS197SR 2 weeks ago for $27.99. So the price is lower than current normal, but not lower than pre-pandemic normal.

As far as the website, they seem to have an address and phone number. I haven't tried to check out, thought. Maybe it might be a good idea to call before placing an order.
I fat fingered the original post I caught it and corrected it right after I posted. My apologies. They could be 100% legit just weird when you look at their payments it is all cash based and you have to message them first. Let me know if you follow through with the order. I may also give them a ring Monday. I always seem to miss 5.7 ammo at decent prices.

·
Registered
14 Posts

Did you call? I tried but wasn't able to get ahold of them

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
I would be curious to know if anyone else has done business with them. There are a few red flags for me. Payment options. Price is a big one. That ammo usually hangs around 1.00 plus a round .81 cents is less then what it was even before shortages. I also checked their 5.56 ammo and case of 1,000 in federal is $500 bucks. I could be wrong but sounds a little too good to be true

Pre pandemic/panic SS198 was $1,025 for 2,000 rounds at Midwest Gun Works so $.51 cents a round. Bought several of those cases before they changed their policy to LE for that ammo. Was always funny to me then that SS195 was more than SS198.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I would be a little cautious with them as the address listed on their website is a residence, not a storefront.
I get nervous anytime someone asks you to pay with cash apps like venmo and Zelle. Not to mention there is nothing on them anywhere.

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts
Link was posted by a Scammer, Bot
Actually even the website is a scam. First let's look at the name The Outdoor Ammory, WTF is an Ammory? Then there's the residential address, interestingly a home owned by an 81 year old woman named Betty. Now let's look at the phone number beginning with a 954 area code which is Broward county and the Dunedin, FL house is in Pinellas county on the West coast while Broward is on the East coast. Lastly let's look at Florida's business registration records, no such business is registered with Florida. Whoever is behind this scam sure put a great deal of effort, time and money behind it. I have taken it upon myself to notify the authorities since the scam is using Florida contact info. I despise people who do this sh!t, if you can catch them you feel the overwhelming need to do this to them...

Jaw Gesture Microphone Audio equipment Technology

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Midway did have some SS197 listed on their recent e-mail, although it was listed as $51.99 a box. They had the AE for $43 a box as well. Really glad that I reload it and have plenty of supplies for the rest of my lifetime.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Does AE still have their QC issues with 5.7?
I have not seen much in the way of complaints lately, but I think that most folks are still only using it in their hand guns as it seemed to work ok there. The issues tended to be with the PS-90 where pushing the bullets back into the case was a common occurance. Might be able to put a light crimp on the cases (if you reload and have a crimping die) and solve the issue, but personally I would not risk the $43 a box for it unless I was really desperate for ammo with no other guns to choose from.

3141 - 3160 of 3167 Posts