FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems that someone at the SHotshow is releasing a 5.7 AR upper...

Another company started this idea a while back, but it never went anywhere - we'll see if this one makes it to market...

Thanks to "Cold" from AR15.com for the pics...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Did anyone catch who was proto-typing it? Or at least displaying it?

FM

·
Registered
15,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry - at the moment, all I have are the pics. I know nothing else about it. But THerm is there. When he returns, I hope we have more info and photos.

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
I wonder if they plan on a short barrel upper?..
It would make a nice upper for either an SBR or an AR pistol lower.

·
Registered
636 Posts
:roll: oh boy .....

You know what it is I am the type of guy that likes his peas on one side of the plate and my carrots on the other.... :-D

·
Registered
15 Posts
If this were to use a standard AR setup I would say it would have to be a lower set up for 5.7, because you can't use an AR-15 lower with an AR-10 upper and vice versa due to the differences in the mags, however since this appears to be top fed like the PS90, I would say you are correct in saying any lower that the pins will line up with and snap in should work.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I'm a little on the confused side because I just don't see the point of an
AR chambered in 5.7 x 28. Is it because AR mags aren't expensive enough, so you want a AR that uses fifty dollar mags?
Some of y'all have said it would be cool and such. So why? Why would you want it over a PS90 or even if you already have a PS90?
Just curious, not trying to diss anyone's opinion.

·
Registered
15,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If U have an AR already - and a PS90 (so you have the mags). And, while I prefer the PS90 ergonomics - some prefer the ergonomics of the AR.

THen, There could be a point in just buying the upper, and putting it on your current lower. Then, you'd have 50 round mags, and you could lay prone like U can with the PS90.

I like my PS90 the way it is. But if I had an AR already - I might buy the upper.

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
I just like having cool stuff, and I'm not real concerned about having to buy expensive accessories. And I consider this a cool conversion.

:?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts