FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not sure where this query belongs. I guess a bolt action rifle could be an accessory to FN 5.7 ammo.

Does anybody know of a bolt action rifle made for the 5.7 cartridge?

I have heard that blow back action is required for the purposes of ejection because the casings are coated but I don't know if this is true, if this is the absolute rule.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Don't have a bolt action but I do have a custom 15" Encore barrel. It's never had an issue ejecting fired brass and it's a very tight chamber. Can't imagine you'd have any issue with a bolt action, if there's one out there.

·
Registered
62 Posts
.223 is also a lot louder, carries a lot farther, and in general is a bigger hammer than is needed for .22 Hornet-style apps. 5.7 out of a locked breech and a barrel longer than the 9" stuff that is available is about the same power level as the Hornet or .218 Bee, which is a lot better fit for most tasks in farming country than the full loading of the .223.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Savage Arms had one in the works for some time but never came to market. You can buy the parts and reamer to create a Remington 700 clone for the round. Most are going with a single shot variant with a few different barrels available.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts