FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 4 weeks to the day....

The machining on this thing is absolutely SUPERB, and everything about the gun is meticulous, including the waterproof/tight storm case that it arrived in. Incredible, that's all I can say! 10 round mags of .50 bmg

Okay enough, INSIDE....just like an AR :cool:

Now for some pictures...

pictured with GLOCK 26

...puuuuuuuuurty

MASSIVE, same G26

PRS stock

:shock:

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
A Bushy!!! :D

That is one FINE looking rifle. Congrats!! If I decide to get one I want one just like that. Excellent pics and I can't wait for a range report.

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
Is that set up for a lefty? because I have never seen a bolt action operated with the left hand for a right handed shooter.

That rifle looks nice. Let us know how she shoots (and how you feel after shooting $40).

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
djv38 said:
Is that set up for a lefty? because I have never seen a bolt action operated with the left hand for a right handed shooter.

That rifle looks nice. Let us know how she shoots (and how you feel after shooting $40).
I got a whole bunch of ammo to shoot, $4/round. Yea, it sucks, but I'm sure it will be WELL worth it!

As tot he left side bolt, my Robinson Armament XCR has it on the left, ala FAL style and I LOVE it (as is my FS2000, plus thousands of other guns on the market, more ergonomic IMO).

The gun is for a right handed shooter, but a left handed shooter can shoot it just fine.

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
I understand that it would be a bit more ergonomical (especially on this), I've just never seen it like that on a bolt gun before.

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
Might it have something to do with you not having to take your trigger finger off the trigger to eject a round with your right hand and instead do it with your left???????

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
Furyataurus said:
Might it have something to do with you not having to take your trigger finger off the trigger to eject a round with your right hand and instead do it with your left???????
Yeah, it would be a bit faster for reengagement of the target, or if you want to collect the casing without letting it drop, it is easier to use one hand on the bolt and the other to remove the casing (especially on a .50 due to length. I've seen guys do it one handed with a .308, but the distance is too great with a .50 to do that).

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
...a couple more since I posted on the other sites...

Here is a size comparison, with an AR15 (stag 16") and Robinson Armament XCR (16")

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Furyataurus said:
Which XCR did you get and how do you like it so far?
I LOVE it, it's my #1 go to gun. I have over 10,000 rounds (over the course of 3 years) through it with literally ZERO problems of ANY kind, most rounds being wolf. It's a breeze to clean...when it needs it, it's just as accurate as any of my AR's, and I would take it over any other gun on the current market.

It's a 16" light barrel with folding/collapsing stock in 5.56.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts