FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can some one post a picture of what the but plate looks like on the 50 round mags. I only have 30 rounders and I am curious what the stock 50 rounder looks like

Thanks!

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks -

but isn't that the base to the 30 rounder?

I was curious what the OEM one looks like when you buy a 50 rounder, not when you mod a 30 rounder.

·
Registered
980 Posts
on the left is the 30 round insert. attached to the spring (and shown again on the right) is the 50 round setup. the FN part looks just like the part in the picture, only it is the same material as the mag.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so the FN OEM part is just a flat piece of plastic with a knob on one end and some type of spring retention on the other?

·
Registered
1 Posts
So how do you go about turning a 30 rd magazine into a 50? is the spring in the 30 the same length? Where can I order a new base plate?

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
It just takes a couple of minutes. Look at HKshooter's post above.

Go to the MPFtech sight and buy a plate. Push the button on the end of your mag and slide off the base plate. Take the spring off the spacer and put it on your new plate and reassemble the mag. Done.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Yes - the spring is the same.

U only need to replace 1 part.

MPF Tech and Mag Parts both sell the piece for just a few dollars. Both are sponsors here. U can click on their banners.

·
Banned
63 Posts
You can also modify the 30 round plate easily yourself. Just cut away everything leaving just a baseplate with the nub that locks it in place. I did it with a jigsaw in a minute. A dremel could do the same thing easily. And if you do end up breaking it, you can always still buy the 50 round plate.

·
Banned
2,294 Posts
Check your state's laws too......that is always a good idea.

I don't know of anywhere that would have a restriction other than California...do you guys?

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Maryland has a law prohibiting conversion to mags over 20 rounds or buying mags in state over 20 rounds.
You are legally allowed to own then though if brought into the state.
I took mine out of state and converted them then brought them back in state. :?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts