FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a chance to shoot both back to back as my neighbor has the Walther. Just a quick/dirty side by side comparison, nothing long-term.

Walther Pro's
-Better trigger with shorter reset
-Very ergonomic in the hand
-Feels "tighter", a little more mechanically precise while shooting
-Much more compact (can be a con depending on goals)
-Felt like slightly less recoil vs. the 502 but man we're splitting hairs.

502 Pro's
-Full-sized feel
-More accurate, I was able to get much tighter groups even at a further distance.
-RDO capable although my RDO came loose during this last range visit. Need to explore what the issue is.
-Safety easier to operate
-Mag drop intuitive on the 502 with release in normal location

This particular Walther did have a weak ejector spring but it's probably limited to this example. Overall it was a nice gun but I have a very hard time using standard gun sights due to an eye issue.

Sorry, no pics. The ONE time I didn't take any.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have a Walther P22. It is a jam-o-matic with every kind of ammo I have ever tried.. Great for practicing malfunction drills. Kind of fun to shoot suppressed (still jams)
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Registered
19 Posts
wife has a PPQ in 22LR (5in) -- it's her favorite
accurate as all heck and a great trigger

haven't shot a 502 yet .. so can't do the comparo on the 22s

I do have a PPQ in 9mm and a pair of 509s . I like them both but for different reasons. The PPQ is refined and has a great trigger but the 509 just feels "solid" and is just as much fun especially after I did the Apex trigger.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have a PPQ in .22LR and it's awesome suppressed, great for disposing of critters. Also a great trainer for practice. Rock solid reliable suppressed, jam city when it's not, even with HV ammo.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a PPQ in .22LR and it's awesome suppressed, great for disposing of critters. Also a great trainer for practice. Rock solid reliable suppressed, jam city when it's not, even with HV ammo.
I am actually surprised that it's jam city. We go to the range once or twice a week (my wife is def a keeper..) and I don't remember her ever having an issue with standard ammo and she's been shooting the PPQ for almost 2 years.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a P22 and the only ammo that it will reliably cycle is CCI Stingers. Everything else is terrible in this model. I made the mistake of taking it to my CC class during the ammo shortage with some high velocity Winchester ammo (only box I could find). I was completely embarrassed and looked like a total goon having to clear the Walther after every shot.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Just got a new P322 Sig a couple weeks ago. Very happy with it so far. Runs well with CCI Standard, Remington Subsonic and Federal Bulk Pack. Have only shot 220 rounds so far, all suppressed and with Holosun 507k.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have one as well, I think I like the 502 slightly better overall although I don't have an RDO on the Sig just yet. The 502 just feels more substantial in some ways and I'm not a fan of how the Sig uses an adapter on the end of the barrel for a suppressor threaded mount. Too easy to come undone, get alignment issues and have your suppressor go boom.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
I have one as well, I think I like the 502 slightly better overall although I don't have an RDO on the Sig just yet. The 502 just feels more substantial in some ways and I'm not a fan of how the Sig uses an adapter on the end of the barrel for a suppressor threaded mount. Too easy to come undone, get alignment issues and have your suppressor go boom.
That adapter is my one and only gripe so far too. A dab of blue locktite and I'm happy and confidant in it. Shot the last 160 round batch at the range, suppressor was super hot but everything was still tight just like when I put it all on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts