FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Where did this thing come from?

View attachment 169222
That's a good question. This one squeaked out with hardly a peep. Typical high FN price, but dang, that sure will look good next to my 509 Edge LS. I've already seen this one advertised for $1350, in stock.

That tool-less compensator mounting system that works on a system similar to the lugs used to mount silencers, is a work of genius. I can't believe someone hasn't come up with this sooner.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Nice, give lots of feedback. I went to the LGS by my work they didnt have it in stock yet. Just another reason to go.
My local gun store is always slow in getting new models in, especially FN. I decided to go online and order one. $1216 including shipping and no sales tax.

For an MSRP of $1569 that didn't seem to bad, especially since most online stores are listing them for $1349.

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
First range report:

1. at the 75 round mark (Sig M17 +P 124 Grain) the optics plate had completely backed out and fell off.
2. It will not cycle 100 grain Hornady XTP. The cartridges seems to be about 1/16 to 1/8" shorter than standard 9mm FMJ and it couldn't clear the feed ramp. Jammed every single time on round 2.
3. 147, 124 and 115 grains all performed flawlessly.
4. Ran the LS Edge alongside it for comparison. With identical cartridges, the CC was noticably louder.

200 rounds down so far.

·
Registered
52 Posts
First range report:

1. at the 75 round mark (Sig M17 +P 124 Grain) the optics plate had completely backed out and fell off.
2. It will not cycle 100 grain Hornady XTP. The cartridges seems to be about 1/16 to 1/8" shorter than standard 9mm FMJ and it couldn't clear the feed ramp. Jammed every single time on round 2.
4. Ran the LS Edge alongside it for comparison. With identical cartridges, the CC was noticably louder.

200 rounds down so far.
Yes, but how was the recoil?

·
Registered
27 Posts
where was this at?
Battlehawk Armory. Still waiting for it to be shipped, so they appear to be a bit slow in shipping, although they did say average shipping time is seven days.

Just got a disappointing update on my order. Due to an inventory mistake, they are out of stock and my orders been cancelled. I have to start searching again. Bummer.

Another quick update. Found the CC at another shop and the wait for delivery has begun again. Hope this one works out better. I placed an order for a 509 CC to replace a previous order that had been cancelled. The item showed in their live inventory as being 'in stock'. I got my order confirmation within minutes. Twenty minutes I got a reminder to have my FFL send their info to them, which I had already done. Half hour later I got another email telling me that my order had been CANCELLED. Supposedly they made a mistake and it is out of stock. Unbelievable!
Maybe I'll just start looking for that new Springfield Prodigy DS instead.

Well let's do this again.

·
Registered
27 Posts
First range report:

200 rounds down so far.
Thanks for the update. Sounds pretty good so far.

As far as the optic plate, many times I've received a pistol where they didn't use thread locker on the screws, so that's not uncommon, but considering the price of the pistol, a little thread locker should be standard.

As far as the problem with Hornady, that's disappointing, but sometimes pistols can be picky with different ammo. At least it ran perfectly with all other ammo used so it's safe to assume that it was entirely ammo related.

Pistols that I've owned with a compensator are generally a little louder because instead of directing the gases and the noise forward and away from the shooter, they are directed vertically to offset the recoil. I can see how the compensator combined with a shorter barrel could result in more noise. Did you notice any less felt barrel rise because of the compensator? I've read that more than likely, FN will start adding this new method of attaching a comp to more models in it's lineup. I'd love to see how the longer barrel on the 509 LS Edge does when it has a comp installed.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Went by “The Gun Shop” in Idaho Falls, ID today. They had this baby in stock for $1299. Looks and feels great but left it there. Will be on wish list. They had a great selection of other FN products as well. First time there but will go back if I’m the area again

1 - 20 of 26 Posts