FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any recommendations for a OWB holster? I love my Vedder Light Draw w/ pancake loops and would love something similar.

I’ve looked for holsters and have had no luck outside of Alien Gear(I love my IWB) which doesn’t seem to hug the body like other brands.

This is my first FN so any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
8,525 Posts
I suspect your lack of success finding a holster has to do with the LS Edge just being released into the wild. It will take a bit before the aftermarket catches up. I doubt few holster makers have a blue/mold gun yet either.

BTW, welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have made a FN FNX .45 Tactical OWB holster which I think just plain works, and I just picked up my Edge. I will be making a custom holster fitted for an Edge with an Olight laser/light combo and a Holosun 507C. Once I'm done, I'll post a pic and maybe a vid, and if you're interested, you can let me know. Check me on IG @phynomeagle.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you. I figured as much but was hoping someone had a bead on something.

I’m glad to be here and am loving my new FN.
I have made a FN FNX .45 Tactical OWB holster which I think just plain works, and I just picked up my Edge. I will be making a custom holster fitted for an Edge with an Olight laser/light combo and a Holosun 507C. Once I'm done, I'll post a pic and maybe a vid, and if you're interested, you can let me know. Check me on IG @phynomeagle.
Awesome! Good job on the FNX holster - I just watched the video on it. I look forward to seeing how the Edge holster comes out.

·
Registered
64 Posts
4brothers holsters just made me one for a Edge length slide. Great guys to work with.

Edit to add: I had them cut the muzzle end a bit short. It is typically made with kydex a little lower to cover the whole side of the slide and beveled in slightly on the muzzle. I am also using the holster for a comp'd slide and wanted it open.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
4brothers holsters just made me one for a Edge length slide. Great guys to work with.

Edit to add: I had them cut the muzzle end a bit short. It is typically made with kydex a little lower to cover the whole side of the slide and beveled in slightly on the muzzle. I am also using the holster for a comp'd slide and wanted it open.
Awesome. I’m going to check them out. Thank you for the info

·
Registered
5 Posts
Interested to see, I have similar set up but with TLR8, really hoping safari land makes one with SLS

·
Premium Member
8,525 Posts
Interested to see, I have similar set up but with TLR8, really hoping safari land makes one with SLS
As new as the LS Edge is I wouldn't count on Safariland making a holster for it any time soon.

·
Premium Member
8,525 Posts
I called them and they said the same thing 😩 they were not very freind or helpful btw..
I called them and they said the same thing 😩 they werenot very freind or helpful btw..

is there any companies that do customs?
Safariland has been around a LONG time, AFAIK their customer service has never been very friendly. Good thing they make excellent high quality products to make up for it.

As for custom LS Edge holsters, I don't own one so I haven't a clue. Stick around and someone here will surely have an answer for you...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does anyone know a company that does 100% custom? All of these companies say they do custom but only if they already have a mold open, not sure how that quantifies as a custom at all. Let me know. Thanks!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts