FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So getting back into handguns again after my first taste 15 yrs ago....back then .40 s&w was hot....so started with a Glock 22 and a XD-40. Sold the glock and kept the XD-40 for bout 4 yrs. Loved that XD. Anyways, now 9mm looks to be the one to have. Started last year with a Sig p320 xcompact. I liked it but wanted to try an HK. Well, bought a vp9sk-b. Nothing wrong with the Sig but everything about the HK just seemed better made. Shot it better too, very compact. Well, i then sold that for a FN 509m. Wanted a bigger pistol. I dont carry much. So went with the plain 509m, not the MRD. $580. I installed the Apex striker and extractor. Very easy to do, anyways this one just seems right in my average sized hands with the small backstrap. Shoots great.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
You know what I like about the FN striker fired pistols so much ? The trigger doesn't travel all the way to the rear like on so many other pistols. I have long fingers, and trigger reach and comfort is always an issue for me. Congrats on your new pistol !

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You know what I like about the FN striker fired pistols so much ? The trigger doesn't travel all the way to the rear like on so many other pistols. I have long fingers, and trigger reach and comfort is always an issue for me. Congrats on your new pistol !
The trigger on the HK vp9sk pretty much blows the 509's stock trigger outta the water imo. But, I have wide hands/smaller fingers....i do think the reset is pretty good (short travel) on the 509 though. I have more of an issue with reaching mag release on most pistols without having to adjust my grip. The 509m with the extended mag release button is the best one of the 9mm's I've shot. The sig p320 xcompact with the flat trigger although nice is too far forward for my smaller hands with the "medium" grip module. I never got around to getting a "small" grip module. I don't think they were in stock on Sig's website at the time. Plus I wanna say the were at least $60 if I remember correctly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts