FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, just discovered the FN forum so new to the site. Found it while researching a problem with my new 509T.
Seems that when I take a high proper grip ( I’m not a newbie and have shot and taught firearms for around 30 years), and shooting rapid fire, the mag randomly drops out. I had watched a lot of YT videos before buying the gun and there is no mention of this problem, until I googled it and found this forum. The posts here are more than 4 years old. I think I’m hitting either the left or right mag release during recoil. It’s very consistent and frustrating. The gun was brand new so I’m sure it’s me.

My question is: other than dremelling the mag catch, does FN make a small mag release? Another option is: I have a friend with a FNS. Is the mag release interchangeable between the 509T and the FNS?
I’m in Canada so I can’t import any of the parts from the US.

Any help?
Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Go to midwestgunworks and looks at the parts diagram. It will pretty much tell you what’s interchangeable. I wouldn’t dremil anything it would void your warranty.
Thanks for the reply. I called Midwest and they don’t ship to Canada. The parts diagram was handy and it doesn’t look like the FNS release is interchangeable either. I’m gonna check with Brownells. Looks like I might have to pick up a spare mag catch so I can dremel one to experiment.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update...kinda...
Switched out my 509T Tactical Mag Release with my buddy’s regular FNS9 one. They do interchange. Simple install. Range session needed to see if that’s all it takes!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts