FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my 57 to the indoor range for the first time. Noticed that it was throwing brass about 20 feet to the 1:30 direction. Is this normal? Annoying as I was only able to retrieve about 1/3 of the brass. OTOH, I didn't have to worry about getting nailed in the forehead as some 1911's do.

That is the only gripe I could have about the 57. Accurate, flawless functioning. VERY mild recoil, despite sounding like a 9mm.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Yes- mine does that too.

When shooting at my indoor range - I can only get maybe 1/2 the brass. The choice is to stand at the line and let most of it fly forward. Or, if I stand 1 foot back or so, it will bounce off the wall of the shooting cubicle I am in. However, many of them then hit me in the head :lol:

So, I get most of my brass back from when I shoot my PS90. Not so much from the Five Seven. :x

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Shipwreck!

Looks like I will go for the far right lane on the wall so I can retrieve more of the brass from the 57.

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
Yep, its normal. It will shoot the brass forward.
Same as Shipwreck, the only way for me to retreive any brass is to let it bounce off the wall.
Be sure to wear a baseball cap though :-D

·
Registered
75 Posts
I wish they made a brass-catcher for it, maybe something to attach to the rail and wrap around to the ejection port.

Mine lobs empties way into the grass at my range, so I rarely get all my spent brass back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts