FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my 57 to the indoor range for the first time. Noticed that it was throwing brass about 20 feet to the 1:30 direction. Is this normal? Annoying as I was only able to retrieve about 1/3 of the brass. OTOH, I didn't have to worry about getting nailed in the forehead as some 1911's do.

That is the only gripe I could have about the 57. Accurate, flawless functioning. VERY mild recoil, despite sounding like a 9mm.

·
Registered
15,575 Posts
Yes- mine does that too.

When shooting at my indoor range - I can only get maybe 1/2 the brass. The choice is to stand at the line and let most of it fly forward. Or, if I stand 1 foot back or so, it will bounce off the wall of the shooting cubicle I am in. However, many of them then hit me in the head :lol:

So, I get most of my brass back from when I shoot my PS90. Not so much from the Five Seven. :x

·
Registered
75 Posts
I wish they made a brass-catcher for it, maybe something to attach to the rail and wrap around to the ejection port.

Mine lobs empties way into the grass at my range, so I rarely get all my spent brass back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.