FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a PWS MK107 Diablo 7.62x39mm upper. I would like to use it with a suppressor because I know it's going to be freakin loud fireball if I don't. I own both 762SDN6 and Huntertown AK, both say the minimum is 10" for the barrel.

Does anyone have any experience suppressing this upper or recommendations?

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Warranty would not be held on less than the 10". I have no experience with 7.52x39 in that short of a barrel . I would be more worried about baffle strikes . They are your cans and you can do what you wish with them. I would use the AK suppressor

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone out there who has the 7.62x39 Diablo and can give some input from experience?

·
Registered
317 Posts
I agree with the others, wouldn't take the chance. Shoot it first to make sure there is not any 'keyhole' happening with that short a barrel not stabilizing the bullet.

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
They won't warranty it but the silencer can handle the pressure. However like vertigosol said the main issue is the bullet stabilizing. We have shot Krinks quite a bit and because the barrel is so short it always ends up in a baffle strike.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input. I haven't been to the range yet but I've read reviews that showed excellent accuracy at 100 yards. I would like to think PWS knows what they are doing when they created this upper - it wasn't cheap either.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered the same upper (PWS Diablo 7.5 in. 7.62x39) a few days ago. This will mate well with my registered SBR lower. I called PWS before ordering the gun. A tech told me It would not be a problem at all to mount a suppressor. A few YouTube vids show the same rifle upper being shot suppressed. I think the main issue will be the ****ty lacquered ammo crusting up the bolt and barrel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
73 Posts
At the very least, I'd run a muzzle brake to act as a "sacrificial" blast chamber.

Maybe Nick from AAC can chime in. I was seriously thinking about suppressing my G36C, but have heard of too many baffle strike issues from that short a barrel (8") so I'd rather not risk it.

·
Registered
171 Posts
They will tell you that less than 10" is not recommended if you fire it in a full auto state, otherwise you are good. CALL AAC and ask. And btw in most cases baffle strikes are not caused by short barrels but by incorrectly mounted suppressor. Less then 10" in full auto generates allot off pressure/temperature/stress.

CALL AAC AND ASK!!!

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
^That - AAC will not warrantee ANYTHING under 10"

But If you gotta run a suppressor - get a beater can - I use a YHM SS Phantom on my 7.5" 5.56 upper

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Update on the guide rods mentioned above - they are high quality BUT... the 7.62 rod will NOT fit through my SDN6 can NOR the muzzle comp or flash hiders. The .223 rod will not fit through the AAC Breakout 2.0 either.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Update on the guide rods mentioned above - they are high quality BUT... the 7.62 rod will NOT fit through my SDN6 can NOR the muzzle comp or flash hiders. The .223 rod will not fit through the AAC Breakout 2.0 either.
That's too bad, looked like a good economical way to check things. Maybe talk the company into one that will fit through a can? There are probably a lot of people who would spend the $15 for piece of mind, me being one of them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts