FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Interesting. What is the difference of this and civi mags other than the notice cast into the mag?

Does this mean that the 50 rd mags at the time were not meant for civi consumers?
I'm glad that isn't the case now, I would be hacking up all the 30 rounders into 50 rounders.

What is AWB? Automatic Weapons Ban as in the 1986 Hughes amendment?
I'm curious why FNH decided the mag is for Mil/LE only

·
Premium Member
9,863 Posts
Interesting. What is the difference of this and civi mags other than the notice cast into the mag?

Does this mean that the 50 rd mags at the time were not meant for civi consumers?
I'm glad that isn't the case now, I would be hacking up all the 30 rounders into 50 rounders.

What is AWB? Automatic Weapons Ban as in the 1986 Hughes amendment?
I'm curious why FNH decided the mag is for Mil/LE only
AWB=Assault Weapons Ban 1994-2004. Mags were restricted to 10 rounds.

·
Registered
22,118 Posts
Reactions: Buffman

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
The AWB period was a "Sad" time, I had just purchased in 1999 the newest Walther P-99 (had to keep up with James Bond since he switched to one:p) But it came with mag blocked to 10 rounds instead of 12 for the .40 cal, which I knew would happ so i tried to find a 12 rounder and was told none were avail for Civis and would not be.

After calling 2 dozen or more places I did find 1 place which would sell me 1 for $120. This was a major Distr. and how he was able to do this I just don't know, but I was happy as Hell to get it then in 2014 these high caps ended up like $24.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts