FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
That's something special no doubt. Enjoyed the vid. I've a friend contemplating an LRB M1A purchase. I as well find myself wanting one...I sold my M1A a while back and went Scar 17, but toted one for about 15 years as my primary outdoors rifle. The light weight of this will surely raise his brows. I'll be showing it to him soon. Nice to see a lot of thought into the manufacturing, such as the steel inserts.

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
This is my CQB-16 type SEI in a Blackfeather "RS" from M14.ca

with Wind Talker suppressor >>

16.25" standard weight barrel with 1:10 twist and 4 grooves on a
forged Poly Tech receiver with a TRW bolt. Chambered for M118LR.
Nice Setup Bro, Very nice!!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Weight is a factor.

The most common EBRs use the heaviest variant of the tried & true EBR chassis, the M14ALCS.
My M21 A5 EBR started out as an M14ALCS. I upgraded to the lighter PMRI/PRS2 butt stock.

The NSG "Dot Matrix" EBR pictured here with nothing but iron sights remains 7.2 oz. heavier than the Blackfeather CQB-16.
The FDE Blackfeather CQB-16 is fitted with the LSP monolithic top rail, and a rather heavy optic/ring combo, plus a spacer...
it's still lighter than the basic M21 A5 EBR.

Not quite an apples to apples comparison, but you get my point.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Weight was always one of the reasons I never invested in a M1 rifle platform. If this trutly pans out I'll definitely get one in the near future. Time to start research.:shock:

Reactions: H2O MAN

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Nice!!!

Reactions: H2O MAN
1 - 16 of 16 Posts