FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning I was reading one of these gun magazines w/ stuff geared towards law enforcement. There was a review of the PS90. In 1 pic, there was a short barreled PS90 with an aimpoint on it

Next to the aimpoint, on the very front edge of the optic rail - there was a 90 degree rail mount attached. Basically, it allowed a small gun tactical light to be attached to the optic rail, and it was on a right angle.

I WISH I could find something like that. That would allow me to put my flashlight above my laser on the right side of the gun, and then I could leave the inside of PS90 free (nothing hooked on the left side rail).

Anyone seen something like this? It was a tiny mount. Just 1 or 2 squares of rail mount. But, that's all I would need.

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reaper said:
http://www.yankeehillmachine.com/store/rails.html

Something like these? :mrgreen:

Reaper
Yes, ALMOST exactly like that - I actually found that page a few weeks ago. But, the rails were at a total 90 degree angle instead of 45 degrees. I haven't seen one like that before.

If I can find on at a decent price, I may try it. After playing with the strap/sling a bit more, I wonder if I removed the flashlight and mount from the inside of the gun - I might bang the eotech w/ my leg/knee as I walk. The light keeps this from happening. It does bump my leg on every step. But, its a big enough item to not bother me.

I am afraid that if I bump the eotech a few times, it won't be zeroed quite as well. So, I'm not sure.

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Side rails

134Bravo said:
By the way. you should be able to bang on that EOTech all day without it losing anything but the batt cover - so don't worry.
Well, I had the gun roll off of a sandbag rest and land on the eotech. No marks on anything, but it did affect the zero a small amount. I had to make some minor adjustments to zero it in (I mentioned this in a past post).

So, if I keep kneeing it as I walk, I am sure it might affect the zero a little.

I know it won't actually damage anything, though.

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Side rails

134Bravo said:
I'm sure you've seen this, but are you talking about a side rail similar to this http://mpftech.4gunlovers.com/index.html?182.html&1?
No, I have side rails. See:

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g320/mistershipwreck/PS90/ps90-8.jpg

I have an optic rail and 2 side rails.

What I am talking about is a tiny mount that would go on the optic rail itself. Yet, it would be a 90 degree piece of metal, and offer a tiny rail on the side. It looks exactly like what Reaper provided a link to above - The size of that small one. It just puts it at 90 degrees instead of 45 degrees.

What I was trying to do was to empty the left-side rail, and move my flashlight on the same side as my laser. But, the right side rail doesn't have room for both.

This mount I saw in the magazine article (as mentioned above) would allow me to put both on 1 side.

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's not the exact one from the pic, but yea - that would work. Now, I just gotta decide if its worth $75 :p

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
P90wn3r, appreciate the reply. I e-mailed your company and they replied with the same answer yesterday eventing. Thanks.

1 thing - I have a couple of PM's I've sent you, but they are still in my "outbox," meaning they haven't been viewed yet. Would you mind checking your PM's? (I assume you hadn't noticed that you have them yet) - Thanx!

·
Registered
181 Posts
I took a look at that article again. I don't think that side rail is either of the rails mentioned so far, though they look like they would do the trick. The rail in the article kinda looks like a TDI/First Samco/Cammand Arms rail. I've searched all over and still haven't figured out which rail is in the article.

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, now I know it will do what I want. I just haven't decided for sure 100% what I will do.

The flashlight I have bumps my leg, but not in an uncomfortable way. And, it actually keeps me from banging the eotech with my leg over and over. So, I just can't decide if I wanna move it or not (and have the laser and flashlight all on the same side)

·
Registered
181 Posts
What if you replace the light with a small Picatinny rail cover like for an AR-15 forearm? That would be a little lower profile than the light and maybe keep you from bumping the Eotech.

I know I saw a camo ballistic nylon Eotech cover that was pretty cool. It wasn't a ScopeCoat. It was open at the lenses so you could use it while it was on. I saw it on AR-15.com, but have never seen it for sale.

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Kendal said:
Hi, new to forum just found you guys.

I got the TDI rail but have not installed as of yet. To install you have to drill a hole through the body of the receiver (where the recess is on both sides of the frame). I have not got the courage to do this as of yet. The mount was $50 +.

http://www.commandarms.com/categories.asp?cID=30
Thanks for the info. I considered that, but yea... I really don't wanna drill the receiver.

I also saw one post on a different forum months back, and a guy claimed that his TDI rails did not perfectly fit into the hole in the receiver. He claimed he had to do quite a bit of milling to get it to fit.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts