FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who else here wishes someone else would come out with a 9mm carbine - similar to the Beretta Storm? There has been Glock carbine rumors for years - but that doesn't look like it will occur until the end of times :x

Not into the Ruger or Keltec one too much. And, I'd like to see one like the Storm, but shaped a bit better (a pistol grip instead of that closed stock it has) and with a better trigger.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I would. I've got the storm on my wish list, waiting to come across a good deal on a used one. I'm not familiar with the Ruger version, don't like the Keltec ones.

I've never shot the storm, so I don't know if I'd like the trigger or not. I have read that others dislike it as well.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I'd like to see one AK style in the 9mm with a folding stock. That would be a HUGE hit in my opinion. If you could hit $300 soft spot I think it would go like a fire out west!

·
Registered
156 Posts
It's one of those things where I'd like to see others do them (because I like to see variety) but I probably wouldn't buy another. -I had a Beretta Storm in 9mm, but it was underwhelming as a long gun so I sold it. YMMV

·
Registered
93 Posts
I know someone with an AR-15 setup for 9mm. It is a blast to shoot. Several of them are out there, some better than others.

I still would love to see someone make a PS-90 conversion kit chambered in a .22 LR or perhaps .17 HMR.

FM

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fathermorpheus said:
I know someone with an AR-15 setup for 9mm. It is a blast to shoot. Several of them are out there, some better than others.
I've seen those, but they are not cheap. And, I just assume buy a standard AR for the same money or less.

I'd like to see another 9mm carbine option, with a short length like the Storm, for $500-$650. Oh well... You can wish, right?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I kind of like the design of the Keltec, the foldable one that uses beretta or glock magazines, however, it seems way to cheaply made.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
GunNut said:
I kind of like the design of the Keltec, the foldable one that uses beretta or glock magazines, however, it seems way to cheaply made.
Well, supposedly, U cannot wear ear muff hearing protectors and use the stock sights - the stock gets in the way. I've almost bought one of these several times.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Most certainly something other than the Storm ! I had both the 9mm and the 40 Cal. and sold them both, don't get wrong, their both excellent guns. They are justnot very exciting to me ! I almost am thinking about buying something in MP5 style !

·
Registered
302 Posts
What about the Uzi carbines? Ive got one and am more than happy with it. Shoots better than i would have ever imagined Plus is super compact. Almost got the storm then the keltec then a long mag poked me in the leg as I was walking by at a gun store and I gave it a home that day.

oh, and it looks good to :shock:

·
Registered
62 Posts
I've got an MP5 Clone that is a blast to shoot. :? I have switched to shooting this over my AR at the monthly Tac. Rifle comp. due to the cost of .223. :cry: Fairly expensive compared to the Storm, but the problems that early storm owners had with attempting to utilize hi-cap magazines made me go this route.

·
Registered
857 Posts
The storm is so much fun to have and accesorize - the trigger can be adjusted, but i left mine becuse it really doesn't bother me

1 - 15 of 15 Posts