FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm looking into a 9mm and I'm trying to decide between the Beretta Px4 and the HK USPc. Both are DA/SA w/ manual safty and decocker. Both feel great in my hand. The big differance is price, the HK is about $300 more. I have shot HKs and I own a HK45 Tactical and definatly think they are worth the money, but I have never shot a Beretta. Is the HK worth the $300 more? Or is the Beretta just that good of a deal? What do you guys think?

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
I have shot a few PX4s. In 9mm, I do not care for the gun. In 40 cal - it is nice. The gun is no differerent - but it felt like shooting a 9mm. That rotating barrel doesn't do much for the 9mm recoil, but makes a hell of a lot of difference in 40. I am not a 40 cal fan, however, and would probably never buy a 40 cal gun. If I did, the PX4 would be the one, though.

However, for 9mm, I'd get the USPc. Plus, the HK has a frame mounted safety, instead of a slide mounted one.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
wlcohen said:
ShipWreck said:
I am not a 40 cal fan, however, and would probably never buy a 40 cal gun.
Why?
Just not into the round. I like 9mm, and have prev had many 45s. Those are the 2 defensive calibers that interest me. Don't see a need for me to buy a 40 cal.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
I haven't fired either one.

You say you like the way they both feel. And if money isn't an issue I would probably get the HK. It will probably hold its value better over time.

Why did you omit the P2000sk? It doesn't fit your hand like the others?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Texas Armadillo said:
Why did you omit the P2000sk? It doesn't fit your hand like the others?
I actually don't know much about the P2000 series. I like the USP line, so I just figured if I went HK i'd go w/ a USP.

From the responces here and some more thinking on my part, I think I've decided to go w/ the HK USP.

Thanks everyone. :D

BTW: this is a great forum, I posted the same question on ARFCOM in the hangun section and only got 2 replies. You guys rock! :?

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Good choice. I like my USPc. I had a USp before, and it worked great - it was just a bit too big for my hand - why I got the USPc.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have a USPc and a P2000sk. Both are great guns. The main advantage of the P2000 of the USP was the LEM trigger option which I wanted. Since you mentioned the SA/DA though, that doesn't really matter. Both are available on the P2000.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
GunNut said:
Really? Last time I was looking at them, it didn't look like you could.
Yep - They sell them new that way - or, U can send a USPc back and have an LEM trigger put into it if U wish.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts