FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be to much to ask, but id like to keep from haveing to buy two supressers.

I have seen a few of you own suppressers so im guessing at least one of you have a 9mm supresser.

Im looking for a small suppresser that will work on a few guns such as Beretta 92, That in its self is easy.. But it MUST be full auto rated for running +P rounds from my sub guns.

So basicly it needs to be small enough for a pistol but powerfull enough to take a 50 round sub gun burst :-?

Is there such a thing thats no to expensive?

thread adapters are easy to come by.

http://www.trosusa.com/

Thanks.

·
Administrator
11,103 Posts
A single silencer can be used for various applications.

I have the Evolution 9 (9mm) that I am going to use with my 5.7 once I get the proper adapter to go from the Jarvis barrel to the Evolution 9.

The main concerns here are weight of the silencer and the powder load of the cartridge. Will the 9mm can be too heavy for the 5.7 to cycle properly (some say that a max weight of 7oz for a con for the FiveseveN to cycle properly)? Are the powder loads near enough that the silencer design will handle them?

A silencer is a muffler. You can't use a small 4 cylinder muffler on a V8 and the V8 muffler on the 4 cylinder is overkill. The powder charge of a 9mm round (subsonic) is about 4 to 5 grains. The 5.7 subsonic is about 2 to 3 grains so using a 9mm can for the FiveseveN should work. However, for example, a .223 round has a charge of about 22 grains which is way more gas pressure and gas quantity than the 9mm silencer was made to handle, even though the diameter of the bullet will easily fit the 9mm can.

I do not know if you will ever find a silencer that will take a full 50 round burst and operate as designed to. Silencer are made to operate using single or short burst but not continuous bursts. The hotter the silencer gets (from the powder charge) the less effective it becomes.

If you need to fire in full automatic mode for extended periods of time I doubt that a silencer will be of any use to you.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its only a few times that I hose a whole mag. I payed that much for that happy switch, I damn well want my use out of it. Trouble is the cops around where I shoot outdoor get called out at even rapid fire.

I know there are some smaller cans that will take a whole 72 round drum from a stock M11/9 and be fine, not sure what model it was.

Il just get an ACC can for sub guns and another for pistols.

I guess this is not the best forum to be asking, il go over to Uzi talk or silencer tests.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts