FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, tomorrow I turn 44. And I thought it would be a waste to let a "caliber" birthday pass by without taking advantage of it. So, with a surprisingly easy approval from my wife, I picked up a Ruger Super Blackhawk (3.75" barrel) in .44 Magnum. She arrived today. I love the latest polymer tactical whiz guns as much as the next guy, but there is something about a heavy steel piece of fire-breathing "get the fudge back" that warms my bacon-wrapped heart like nothing else.

A big thanks to my wife for the present. If I haven't said it before, she is a saint. I'm lucky to have her.

So here it is:

And as part of my Chupacabra defense kit:

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
I like your logic. I bought my first .30-06 (garand) in 2006, and my first 1911 in 2011. Now thanks to you I have some good excuses coming up in the next few years. Hmmmm... .44, .45, .475 Linebaugh (47 and a half), .50, .575, .600 Overkill, .700WTF, [email protected]#!?!!!!

·
Premium Member
9,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting barrel length. I didn't realize that Ruger reduced it down to 3-3/4". Mine was and is 4-5/8".
Yeah, it's distributor exclusive (TALO). They make a Lipsey's version with Bisley grips, but I couldn't find one. I'll be honest and say I have very little practical use for it. But it caught my eye and the rest is history.

Reactions: Gers4Lyfe

·
Premium Member
13,387 Posts
:smile:CONGRATS! AKITAINU! ON YOUR NEW RUGER SUPER BLACKHAWK:? THAT IS ONE SWEET LOOKING HOGLEG SO WHAT'S NEXT ON THE LIST:lol::-D

·
Premium Member
9,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Reactions: LESTER

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
:th_bday: Congrats on the new piece. VERY nice. You're doin alright considering that just earlier this week you were lamenting how barren your gun fund was. :th_angel-smiley-006 My Bday is Fri. Trying to decide what weapon to buy myself. I don't think they make one in my age caliber.:th_laughing:Here's to good days and good wives.:th_143:

·
Registered
394 Posts
Happy Birthday! Why did you go with the ruger? I have been trying to decide on a Ruger or a S&W .44 Magnum. Leaning towards the S&W 629 with 5" barrel. Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
9,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Happy Birthday! Why did you go with the ruger? I have been trying to decide on a Ruger or a S&W .44 Magnum. Leaning towards the S&W 629 with 5" barrel. Thoughts?
It was shiny.

But seriously, I really am a big fan of Ruger revolvers. I also have a 4" Redhawk. I like S&W, I have a Model 29, but I lean towards Ruger, at least for new revolvers.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Great idea. I'm turning 43 next month and I can start saving for my model 29 pre-lock. Happy birthday, if you don't feel old enough then here's a list of the top 10 songs of 1970.
1. Layla - Derek and the Dominos
2. Bridge Over Troubled Water - Simon and Garfunkel
3. Let It Be - The Beatles
4. Your Song - Elton John
5. Get Up (I Feel Like Being A) Sex Machine - James Brown
6. Lola - The Kinks
7. Who'll Stop the Rain - Creedence Clearwater Revival
8. Fire and Rain - James Taylor
9. Paranoid - Black Sabbath
10. All Right Now - Free

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
Happy birthday Scot. Do you have a leather gun belt and bandolier to go with that cowboy cannon!? :-D. Seriously though beautiful pistol! Congratulations.

Reactions: akitainu

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Very nice! I just bought a .44 for my father in law last week. Shot it for the first and last time on Friday.

Very Happy Birthday to you sir!

·
Premium Member
9,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Happy birthday Scot. Do you have a leather gun belt and bandolier to go with that cowboy cannon!? :-D. Seriously though beautiful pistol! Congratulations.
I try to keep it interesting for the Mrs. I wear a belt, holster and bandolier...nothing else, well, sometimes flip-flops. And on formal occasions I'll add a sombrero and chaps...you know, just to keep it classy.

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
I try to keep it interesting for the Mrs. I wear a belt, holster and bandolier...nothing else, well, sometimes flip-flops. And on formal occasions I'll add a sombrero and chaps...you know, just to keep it classy.
Now I need to go and find another memory override tool to add into my signature line. I'm going to go watch some uhhh videos to get that image out of there. Enjoy your 44 and 44th and assless chaps. :-D

1 - 20 of 44 Posts