FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got an email from Silencer Shop a little while ago. The stamps for my first two suppressors (Octane 9/Octane 45) have been received. One day shy of three months from the check being cashed to approval. I can dig it. I can dig it the most.

But I've also never (well almost never:wink:) been so bummed about my current health shenanigans. I can't drive, even though Austin is a short throw away, so I'm having the cans sent to my front door. That will add a couple weeks until I have them in hand, but it's the only way right now. Anyways, what's a couple more weeks at this point?

So, for a Monday, and a cold one* at that, it's turned out to be an alright day.

Oh, and I killed a spider that was killing (or making love to...not sure) another spider in my kitchen. So I have that going for me too.

*(by South Central Texas standards, at least)

·
Premium Member
9,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
congrats ak and hope you get better brother!!
Thanks, man. I have a major surgery coming up in April. It will either get me close to normal...or kill me.:-D The doctor's exact words were "It's really going to suck". While I appreciate her honesty, I'm not sure if telling me in advance was the best idea. I'd have preferred at least a degree of blissful ignorance.:smile:

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
Oh, and I killed a spider that was killing (or making love to...not sure) another spider in my kitchen. So I have that going for me too.

*(by South Central Texas standards, at least)
Sorry to hear you're laid up. I say have them FedEx overnighted to you. That way the next time you have to dispatch a spider It won't be so hard on the ears.

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
None of the brotherhood live close enough to give you a lift? For shame FNF someone help Scott with a freakin ride! Dude if I was close I'd be happy to help you out. Anyway get better dude. As for the wait on the suppressors look on the bright side. The ATF could have Fcked up your paperwork while you were home from kuwait for two weeks and prevented you from getting it until God knows when :biggrin:

P.S. Seriously someone help him out.

·
Premium Member
9,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As for the wait on the suppressors look on the bright side. The ATF could have Fcked up your paperwork while you were home from kuwait for two weeks and prevented you from getting it until God know when :biggrin:
Yeah, I ain't complaining...too much, anyways. :smile: Given the multitude of ways things can go wrong, a little extra time is chump change. I'm just happy to know that the government's fumbling hands are out of the picture. Well, I guess there's still the USPS to deal with. Oh sh*t, I'm screwed. :lol:

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
Gotta love that USPS. Ordered a knife from Oregon via priority mail so they sent it from there to New York then to Oklahoma.:?: No wonder they can't make any money.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Akitainu....congrats on the stamps. Like Big Kam, I too am disappointed none of the TX forum dudes are willing to give you a drive to Austin for some BBQ and stamps. Where is a real friend when you need one? On another note, hang in there and we will keep sending prayers your way that the next surgery does the trick.

·
Premium Member
9,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Folks, no need to be disappointed. I couldn't travel even if I had a ride. Why do you think I'm on the forum so much? :-D But seriously, thanks for the concern. Once I get through the surgery, I have a lot of lost time to make up for.

I also wanted to give a proper thanks to Silencer Shop, and Jeremy in particular. Those cats are like Superfly TNT.

·
Premium Member
9,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, they're a step closer to coming home. I got the forms from Silencer Shop, filled them out and had my wife and dog hit the PO before final pick-up. I guess I'll use the rest of my wait time to write a rock-opera or some such thing. Maybe something with lasers. People like lasers.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Great news on the cans ! Hang in there, no matter how bad the surgery might be, your half way there after you wake up...just recovery time and dreams of shooting...you know...like the Christmas Story show with the Red Ryder BB Gun. Just don't shoot your eye out !!!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts