FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took a few more pics tonight. I thought you might like to see them.

The adjustable rear sight:



Adjustable gas regulator:


Ambidextrous selector switch:


Front sight adjustments for windage (requires use of a T25 Torx driver, same as is required to remove the barrel and rear sight)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
114 Posts
:MM: :MM: :MM: :MM: :MM:



Can't wait to see your posts after shooting it. :eek: :eek: :eek: :shock:


Thank you very much.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,293 Posts
That extreme color differentiation has really started to grow on me. I the more I see it the more I like that look.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Inside of the magwell, opposite the mystery pin...


Possibly a modification (installation of a pin) to strengthen the magwell? It appears to have been milled after manufacture. Possibly to allow the use of PMAGS?

A second shot of the lower assembly
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
mgpatty said:
Inside of the magwell, opposite the mystery pin...


Possibly a modification (installation of a pin) to strengthen the magwell? It appears to have been milled after manufacture. Possibly to allow the use of PMAGS?

A second shot of the lower assembly
This piece in the lower receiver is required for import it is designed to stop a standard AR mag from being inserted into the receiver, it is ground of stateside. The butstock is a different shade of FDE due to it being made in the US (the lower is made in Belgum). The SCAR is imported with a thumbhole stock to satisfy the BATFE, this stock is then replaced by FN.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
177 Posts
Pale Horse said:
mgpatty said:
Inside of the magwell, opposite the mystery pin...


Possibly a modification (installation of a pin) to strengthen the magwell? It appears to have been milled after manufacture. Possibly to allow the use of PMAGS?

A second shot of the lower assembly
This piece in the lower receiver is required for import it is designed to stop a standard AR mag from being inserted into the receiver, it is ground of stateside. The butstock is a different shade of FDE due to it being made in the US (the lower is made in Belgum). The SCAR is imported with a thumbhole stock to satisfy the BATFE, this stock is then replaced by FN.
Those are both very interesting and useful pieces of information.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
520 Posts
Master_Blaster said:
ick said:
That extreme color differentiation has really started to grow on me. I the more I see it the more I like that look.
Well, the color would be consistent if it was black.
Right... just ask Bushmaster. :roll:

Thanks for the pics, Patty!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
Hey mgpatty,
I am not sure if it's been posted yet, but has anyone figured out about the bbls being the "high round count" bbls or, "Cold Hammer Forged" yet?
Also, are they "quick change" bbls, like everyone was hoping for?
I know there was previously some confusion, since it was stated that "military bbls won't interchange with civvi SCARS".
SO, what's the word? I think I recall that someone said the 16S DOES indeed have the Cold Hammer Forged/High round count bbls, but I'm not sure.
Is this correct?
Thanks for any help bro. Sure hope you enjoy your SCAR, and we all appreciate you taking the time to post the pics.
Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,553 Posts
theJave said:
Does anyone have a pic of the thumb hole stock? I would love to see it.
I didn't think one existed.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top