FN Herstal Firearms banner

A few more new pics of the SCAR

8K views 20 replies 17 participants last post by  Promoted Pawn 
#1 ·
I took a few more pics tonight. I thought you might like to see them.

The adjustable rear sight:

Adjustable gas regulator:

Ambidextrous selector switch:

Front sight adjustments for windage (requires use of a T25 Torx driver, same as is required to remove the barrel and rear sight)

See less See more
#7 ·
Inside of the magwell, opposite the mystery pin...

Possibly a modification (installation of a pin) to strengthen the magwell? It appears to have been milled after manufacture. Possibly to allow the use of PMAGS?

A second shot of the lower assembly

#10 ·
mgpatty said:

Possibly a modification (installation of a pin) to strengthen the magwell? It appears to have been milled after manufacture. Possibly to allow the use of PMAGS?

This piece in the lower receiver is required for import it is designed to stop a standard AR mag from being inserted into the receiver, it is ground of stateside. The butstock is a different shade of FDE due to it being made in the US (the lower is made in Belgum). The SCAR is imported with a thumbhole stock to satisfy the BATFE, this stock is then replaced by FN.

#11 ·
Pale Horse said:
mgpatty said:

This piece in the lower receiver is required for import it is designed to stop a standard AR mag from being inserted into the receiver, it is ground of stateside. The butstock is a different shade of FDE due to it being made in the US (the lower is made in Belgum). The SCAR is imported with a thumbhole stock to satisfy the BATFE, this stock is then replaced by FN.
Those are both very interesting and useful pieces of information.

#16 ·
Hey mgpatty,
I am not sure if it's been posted yet, but has anyone figured out about the bbls being the "high round count" bbls or, "Cold Hammer Forged" yet?
Also, are they "quick change" bbls, like everyone was hoping for?
I know there was previously some confusion, since it was stated that "military bbls won't interchange with civvi SCARS".
SO, what's the word? I think I recall that someone said the 16S DOES indeed have the Cold Hammer Forged/High round count bbls, but I'm not sure.
Is this correct?
Thanks for any help bro. Sure hope you enjoy your SCAR, and we all appreciate you taking the time to post the pics.
Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.