FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a coworker of mine had an interesting incident happen. He ordered a gun and had it shipped to his local FFL. Well the FFL place of business (the guy's house) blew up after receiving the gun. Unfortunately, I believe the owner did get injured. It's a sad state of affairs. However, my coworker is curious how long it will take all of this to get worked out so he can get a replacement for his gun. The ATF has a form you can fill out for just such a scenario, and he's already done so, but they said they will reply within 60 days. He's also contacted the online seller and told them what has happened in hopes that they would be able to remedy the situation. Anyone else have any recommendations?

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
So a coworker of mine had an interesting incident happen. He ordered a gun and had it shipped to his local FFL. Well the FFL place of business (the guy's house) blew up after receiving the gun. Unfortunately, I believe the owner did get injured. It's a sad state of affairs. However, my coworker is curious how long it will take all of this to get worked out so he can get a replacement for his gun. The ATF has a form you can fill out for just such a scenario, and he's already done so, but they said they will reply within 60 days. He's also contacted the online seller and told them what has happened in hopes that they would be able to remedy the situation. Anyone else have any recommendations?
Sorry no useful feedback from me, but... I do like your avatar !
I think it will turn out to be a " big " waiting game for your co-worker. Hopefully it was ordered through a business that may have insurance for that kind of loss ???

Reactions: aquaticpig

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I'm thinking the same thing. And thanks on the avatar! LoL. It definitely cracks me up. He's the head IT guy for our office, so I'm trying to reach out and get some information for him. I personally ascribe to treating IT guys and Admins as if they were VP's. You never know when you are going to need them for something dire and they are usually cooler to talk to anyway.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Sounds like he just needs to provide a copy of the police report and a certified copy of the ATF form 3310 to his insurance agent.

He was supposed to fill out the form within 48 hours of the incident, but the form has nothing to do with how quickly the insurance company will pay out.

Since he signed for the firearm it is no longer the responsibility of the shipper.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think he did. It happened sometime over the weekend and I think he already filled out the paperwork. I'm assuming the insurance company liable would be the FFL's, correct, not the guy who bought the gun?

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
I hope he has weapon insurance as most home owner policies are limited to $500. Perhaps his FFL had insurance to cover his transactions.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Ouch!!!

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My coworker called me up this morning... apparently the ATF called him back (pretty quickly, it would seem). The gun is in possession of the local police force as they have first jurisdiction...... let's see how this turns out. No word if the gun is damaged.:th_32::eek:

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
Every jurisdiction is a little different, but he should contact the local jurisdiction to be sure they know the weapon is his so he will have a claim when it is released from evidence.

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Thanks guys, I'm thinking the same thing. And thanks on the avatar! LoL. It definitely cracks me up. He's the head IT guy for our office, so I'm trying to reach out and get some information for him. I personally ascribe to treating IT guys and Admins as if they were VP's. You never know when you are going to need them for something dire and they are usually cooler to talk to anyway.
It's nice to be appreciated, now:bow:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts