FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, I bought a 57 back 10 or 15 years ago and put it in the safe and never touched it. I now have someone interested in purchasing it, and I want to make sure that I am valuing it appropriately. I believe this is a standard Gen 1, please correct me if I'm wrong. What do you guys think a brand new Gen 1 is fairly worth?

Attachments

·
Administrator
11,045 Posts
Need better picks. The square trigger guard indicated a USG model (pre MKII) but it could be something else. Better pictures would help.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
plain Jane standard USG with fixed sights. Mint in box maybe it'd bring $1150 to the desperate buyer. I bought an as new UGS with adjustable sight and 7 magazines about 2 years ago for $900.

·
Vendor
3,282 Posts
It seems to be a sellers market currently. I would think you could get $1000 to $1200 depending on whom is interested and what kind of availability there is in both large & small gun shops. A good place to start is look on GB and then call Dorin @ FN Specialties and inquire about FNH's availability . ( Use me as a reference if needed ). He would know how the marketplace is absorbing the FsN's and how FNH is meeting demand from a retailer's perspective. I can't imagine he wouldn't be helpful to answer a few questions.... I never have gotten that impression from him and know him pretty well.

Trying to be helpful, I believe now would be the time to sell one since they are scarce.

Just my .02
mjk1 OUT !!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts