FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a 9mm P99c mag - new.

It came in yesterday - But, it was obviously used (with rust on the follower).

They do sell used mags for a little less, but I have seen quite a few people complain about this switcharoo when they order new mags (people will get a used mag instead of a new one).

I called, and was told to call back today after 8am when the proper person was back at work. I called this morning, and I was told to either send the mag in and they will exchange it. Or, they would give me $4 back and just charge me the used price.

I never buy used mags, however. So, I'm sending it off. But, the mag was only $16. Shipping to send it to me was $9.99, and I had to pay sales tax because CDNN is also in Texas. Now, I had to spend more money to send it back. Ridiculous...

·
Registered
156 Posts
Contact them again, ask for a supervisor, and request a credit for the money you spent to return their mag to them. This is not a case of you ordering a used mag and needing an exchange, this is a case of CDNN sending the wrong item (non-conforming goods).

Companies often let you keep the item if they sent the wrong thing or you are unhappy with it because it just does not make economic sense for them to have you return an item of this value at their cost.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
That bites ship. I'd be pissed. Bet you thrashed them good.

I just placed an order for some pistol mag's today that were on sale.
Anyone ever have a problem with midway?

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
devildoc said:
That bites ship. I'd be pissed. Bet you thrashed them good.

I just placed an order for some pistol mag's today that were on sale.
Anyone ever have a problem with midway?
No, midway is excellent!

·
Registered
857 Posts
BreakerDave said:
Companies often let you keep the item if they sent the wrong thing or you are unhappy with it because it just does not make economic sense for them to have you return an item of this value at their cost.
Yup - that's how I run my company. Not because of the cost, but I don't want to cause my customers any trouble when it was not their fault.

Give them another call.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I sent the mag back 1 week ago today )last Fri). Check Wed - it wasn't there. Checked today at 5pm - still not "there." EIther they lost it or the post office did (I am in TX like CDNN - it should have arrived Monday).

I'm not too happy. I may have paid all that money and got squat!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Damn, that' kinda f'd up. I've always heard good things about CDNN.

Hope someone finds your mag, and everything turns out ok.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Hey Ship, any word on the missing mag?

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was told that yesterday that they finally "found" it and replaced it. I don't have the new one yet, though...

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have dealt with CDNN many times. Never had a problem. They even send freebies (Colt folding knife, Poker game set up, Remington watch and money clip, etc.) with my orders.

This sounds like a F**k up to me...

:-x

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is ridiculous... I still never received it - they claimed they sent me a new one. So, I called back this morning. Talked to the SAME guy again. Turns out they gave me a refund.

I reminded him that about 2 weeks ago - he told me the date one was sent out (the right one this time) - not that a refund was issued. So, I've been waiting on it all this time... And it isn't even coming...

He checked, and they still have some in stock.

NOW he says they will ship me one out.

I'll tell ya that they really suck now... Damn....

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
U do know what is going to happen - they are going to send me the SAME mag. Watch! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
43 Posts
I had it out with them for a similar incident myself, except for a much larger quantity. Spoke to a rep, who did not care one way or another, yet stated that the sales guys do get commission from sales...weeks went by, no contct from their company whatsoever. Whether or not it did any good I finally told them that I am (1) police officer (2) Dept armorer (3) avid guy guy who spends often 5 digits worth of firearm material per year. I told him that I expect far better communication to say the very least when mixups happen. My judgement of quality sold well into 6 figures of weapons/acc to other officers/ family members/dept needs ect.. The goof was made good 3 days later, but I am through. Shipwreck I hope your situation gets resolved ASAP. :!:
For the record I have heard good things of them as well.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I got the mag in today - I STILL cannot sear this mag is new - there is a little wear on the sides.

I have fullsize SW99 mags I have bought new, as well as P99 mags (fullsize) - So, I know what a new mag looks like.

I'm taking it - and I'll try it out. But never will I buy from CDNN again.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts