FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my new PS90 today....it looks and feels great....my first question besides needing some sort of speed loader.... is can the 10 round mags be converted to a higher capacity....???? I realize that they are glued shut but....I thought that I would ask......

·
Registered
15,552 Posts
Sorry - the 10 rounders are stuck as 10 rounders. Only the 30 yards can be modified. They did that on purpose because the 10 round mags went to places in the country where it is mandated. So, anything over 10 is a no-no.

·
Registered
3 Posts
mods are possible.

I edited this post because there are some who are affraid of information.

·
Registered
15,552 Posts
Wasn't sure if that could be done.

Be aware - if you have the 10 round version because of where you live (the state) and you do this - then you probably just committed a felony in your state if you follow his instructions.

·
Registered
857 Posts
:shock:

In MD it's illegal to buy/sell a mag over 20 rounds but not illegal to own
go figure the logic in that

·
Banned
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are the magazines dated in any way???? if not couldn't they be considered pre-ban... in states that still had an AWB

·
Banned
41 Posts
user426 said:
Are the magazines dated in any way???? if not couldn't they be considered pre-ban... in states that still had an AWB
Thats probably not possible. if i recall correctly most states that still have the AWB consider pre-ban stuff made before 1994 just like the defunct Federal ban. Considering the military and police models of the p90 entered service in 1994 and the civilian models didn't come out till 2005ish theres not really such thing as a "Pre-ban" p90 mag.

·
Registered
69 Posts
wlcohen said:

In MD it's illegal to buy/sell a mag over 20 rounds but not legal to own
You mean not illegal to own? So if I get 50 rd magazines as a gift and live in MD, is it illegal to have them? :?

·
Registered
95 Posts
wlcohen said:

In MD it's illegal to buy/sell a mag over 20 rounds but not legal to own
ohio is similar. you can own a magazine of any capacity, but you cannot load over 30 rounds in it ever.

·
Banned
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ShipWreck said:
So, a month later - what do ya think? STill love it?
OK...it's a great little (in my opinion) short range gun to shoot.....short range being out to no more than 50 yards....the USG sight is great in all kinds of light...and is right on the money at 50 yards.....my son and I shoot all shapes of steel poppers and it has no problem knocking them down at fifty yards.....the only real problem is the cost of ammo....the only saving grace is since I'm in NY, I only have 10 round mags.....which is good because you have to reload more often and in theory you shoot less......tonight I reload my first batch.....I'll post my results over the weekend..... :D :D :D

·
Registered
15,552 Posts
I think the gun and the mags have a little clock symbol, don't they? I believe that determines when the item was manufactured

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
I may be wrong, but I thought the clock symbol on many plastic products has to do how long it was in the mold.

TA

·
Registered
170 Posts
Texas Armadillo said:
I may be wrong, but I thought the clock symbol on many plastic products has to do how long it was in the mold.

TA
No the clock is usually when it was made. Month and day number. But american and european companies do it differently. So the day and month may be backwards.

·
Banned
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
user426 said:
ShipWreck said:
So, a month later - what do ya think? STill love it?
OK...it's a great little (in my opinion) short range gun to shoot.....short range being out to no more than 50 yards....the USG sight is great in all kinds of light...and is right on the money at 50 yards.....my son and I shoot all shapes of steel poppers and it has no problem knocking them down at fifty yards.....the only real problem is the cost of ammo....the only saving grace is since I'm in NY, I only have 10 round mags.....which is good because you have to reload more often and in theory you shoot less......tonight I reload my first batch.....I'll post my results over the weekend..... :D :D :D
My reloads worked great...... 7grains AA#7, 40g V-Max, CCI small rifle primers, Once used brass ...tumbled in walnut to clean up a bit, OAL approx. 1.58" no feeding issues at all and they all went bang when they were supposed to.....great fun....and as I mentioned above....I'm not shooting for accuracy....just knocking over metal.....If I can hit a popper at 50 yards I know I can disable a zombie at that range..... BTW...the USG sight worked great and I think I'll keep it and forget about any other sight.....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts