FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Can anyone hazard a guess as to what height rings I need to mount a 1" tube 40mm objective scope on this?

This specimen seems to have some pretty fine wood on it too.

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice-- welcome to the x39 group-- not go punch some holes and make a mess of things.
Thanks. Do you have any suggestions for ring height?

Reactions: Troublesx10

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
I can't give you a recommendation cause I've never scoped an AK but it looks like the rear sight might be something to pay close attention to when figuring placement on the bell.

Check this link and see if it is of any help in your endeavor :wink:

Scope Ring Height and Clearance Calculator

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Wow, good question!!!

Got to be "high" rings. Maybe get one of those one piece Warne mounts Stryker sells.

:eek:

·
Registered
58 Posts
He doesn't have the ability to do that from Iraq.
Well then... haha. Take some measurements if he has that ability. You can look up ring height specs online and then calculate everything. Every manufacturers "low" "meidum" "high" and "extra high" are a little different so do some research.

Check you height clearance on the rifle, measure you scope dimensions, then look up rings height specs online. You should be able to come up with a solution.

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Thanks. Do you have any suggestions for ring height?

actually i have similar setup but mine is a midwest industries version-- honestly i played with it till i got it right-- all i can say i give yourself some extra time for learning curve. sorry i am using an leupold firedot with developed mount for it--

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Medium. Rear sight removed. I plan on adding a Karsten Cheek rest and Texas trigger. I am toying with the idea of having the front sight moved and preparing it for a suppressor.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts