FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always hear about how "bulletproof" other handguns are, usually Glocks. So, I decided to see how much so my FNX-9 was.

My life has been crazy busy and the last time I'd shot my gun was at my local gun forum's Meet & Greet that was held a few months ago. I had been lazy and put off cleaning the 300 or so rounds worth of dirtiness from my pistol for about a week when I decided just to leave it dirty and see how it fired the next outing. I always hear about tests like these and figured, why not?

The "next outing" was this last weekend (told you my life has been crazy!). I took it out to the range and shot the worst ammo I owned through it - old, old, old Remington UMC that I had bought off of a female divorcee neighbor forever ago.

I'm happy to say that I shot about 200 or so through the FNX and not one problem! Those were probably rounds number 800-1000 through that gun and it is so smooth now, it is awesome! I can even easily use my slide catch as a slide release now with the flick of a thumb, which I really like (and don't care what it was "designed" for).

Going to thoroughly clean it up tonight, give it a kiss, and put it back in the safe for a while.

·
Premium Member
9,492 Posts
Now that's what I like to hear. Thanks for the update.

Reactions: Radarcontact

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Good to hear it's running good! Just need a few thousand more before your next cleaning :mrgreen:

Reactions: Radarcontact

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good to hear it's running good! Just need a few thousand more before your next cleaning :mrgreen:
ROFLMAO...no...I've got all my crap spewed all over the kitchen table...gonna go back to my old trusty range bag, clean everything (even the gun!), and be ready for next time! :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1402019817.639224.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts