FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I've been debating this question for weeks whether to get a magnified scope or just an eotech , I'm not to shabby with iron sights but that 10in rail just wants to have some kind of optic put on it

now if i wait till Christmas i might be able to buy a 557 with magnifier but i can't justify it with my FS being a range gun and all i shot at this same range unmagnified all the time and had no problem

so i need some opinions , at the range do you find the magnifier worth the price and if not then should i get the 557 over the 552 just in case i have a change of heart

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
I only have an Eotech on my PS90.

But, because it is unmagnified, I shoot 90% of the time at 50 yards. I can hit the target at 100 yards, but not in a group. it's just too far for my eyes.

With that FS2000, I am sure you'll want to go further than 50.

Why not get the 512 model to save a little cash, and then get the magnifier.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I'm looking at a 3x12x52mm Bushnell.. I like to see what I'm shooting at, and these eyes need all the help they can get.

It has an illuminated tri post design, with a red dot at the top of the "T" post with a thin vertical reticle extending above it. so not a true T with nothing above it..

Burris makes some very nice "tactical" mounts with 6 screws per, that look beefy, and are matte like the scope.

Too much for this weapon? I'm seeing it's not a great long distance gun anyway, but using the 3x I should be able to shoot close up, say 50 yards, and 12x is nice to have if your shooting out 100 or more I think. (Besides, this way, you do not need a spotting scope.)

Anyone done this here, or have some opinions? I see pretty much everyone has the Eotech type setups, and those are great for CQB, but I do not want to spend the 1000.00 or so to get a 4x fixed optic, even if it's better for CQB in the event I'd ever be involved in that. :) (Light and laser in the forward handle for me would be better I think? Also I have hand guns for really tight stuff. Or a shot gun. :) ;))

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i kind've want to do a combination of both get a 552 (i know a store that sells it for about 350) and save a month so i can get the magnifier

adjuster - yea i know what you mean but for the ones we use ACOG AIMPOINTS and EOTECHs they seem to all run to the 1000.00 for 4x power

i think the main draw for me personally is the need not to zero after each scope switch i use to go the range back in my civi days and man there were just some scopes on some days i'd never be able to zero

so i shot with iron sights :?

i would like to here from someone who used EOTech magnifiers to steer me into getting a good one Hint hint ...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts