FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

haven't shot my FsN yet...but i noticed something weird.

When i rack the slide, put in an empty mag, and then switch the safety to fire...then i notice a delayed clicking sound...just as i start to aim.

Is this normal? kinda feels/sounds like it's comin' from the mag catch.

·
Registered
239 Posts
What do you mean "as I start to aim"? Are you talking about when you slowly press the trigger? If so, the click you are hearing is the mag safety disconnecting.

MadDog :?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MadDogDan said:
What do you mean "as I start to aim"? Are you talking about when you slowly press the trigger? If so, the click you are hearing is the mag safety disconnecting.

Perhaps...i'll have to try it again. But, on your FsN...do you also feel/hear this clicking sound when u slightly press on the trigger? and i mean really slightly, as in barely put your finger on the trigger.

·
Registered
139 Posts
GT1R390 said:
MadDogDan said:

Perhaps...i'll have to try it again. But, on your FsN...do you also feel/hear this clicking sound when u slightly press on the trigger? and i mean really slightly, as in barely put your finger on the trigger.
Yes, and it is the mag safety.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I went to shoot my 5-7 on Saturday...mainly a function test. All 119 went well. just heard the clicking sound once...kinda hard, since i got earplugs on, and some guy shootin' a 12gauge a few rows down.

I checked for the clicking when i got home...no more clicking...i guess since the gun was new...it needed to be broken in a bit...loosen some things up?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts