FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was thinking of getting a a4 spr in 300 wsm 24" barrell is this a possible 1000 yard gun? i want to get into comp. shooting and like fn but not too sure what i should get

·
Registered
7 Posts
Have you ever shot beyond 300yards. 1000yard guns take a 1000yard shooter. Not trying to be a douche but if you have not had a lot of experience with shooting at extended ranges buy a 308 and learn to shoot at 100-600 before you start paying the $$$ for a 300wsm. A good SPR is undoubtedly a capable rifle to 1000yards. I would trust my baby to perform.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I own the .308 A1 and it is a very capable gun. From an engineering standpoint, the guns are very similar so I would expect the same accuracy. regarding accuracy, the gun is top notch. I can easily get sub MOA groupings at 600yds (my longest range which is close by). I can keep it at sub .5MOA but that takes alot of concentration and good conditions. I should mention that I use factory ammo. Now, I know you are looking for the 300WSM info, but like I said, the guns are pretty similar except for the cartridge. And that cartridge is very capable of 1000yd shots. Ive taken my 308 out to 1000 once and did okay, roughly 1 MOA average. But as its been said, be sure you can shoot that far before you decide to spend money on it, that cartridge is not cheap to shoot. Id venture to say that the 300WSM would be good out to 1500yds. I know this inst exactly what you are looking for, but the SPR platform is capable, the cartridge is capable, the only question is....are you?

If you are looking for a review of the 300WSM, id check this link out...

http://snipercountry.com/InReviews/FNHUSA_SPR300WSM.asp

he only uses it to 500yds but that should be a good idea of how it will handle

1 - 4 of 4 Posts