FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up an A5M XP about a month ago and the cheekpiece adjustment was different than what I expected. I expected the 2 knobs that tightened the cheek piece against the stock. The version I have squeezes the stock and tightens against 2 rails that are attached to the cheekpiece riser. At the top is a hardened nut and the red is a washer the has the same outside dimensions as the nut. They are interchangeable from side to side to allow for LH or RH, the shoulder of the tightening knob rides against the washer and squeezes the stock to secure the cheekpiece. Just wonder if anyone has used this yet and if it holds the cheekpiece tight? I haven't gotten the rifle out have to get the scope mounted etc, etc..

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts

·
Administrator
12,029 Posts
Tal. As shown, there is now only a single bolt that pinches the aluminum risers that are notched very lightly. The riser is pinched using the bolt treaded through both nuts. Can't say if it is any better than the A5M but appears to be built to eliminate the problems with the two bolt solution.

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
I would hope it would work better. McMillan hopefully got it right with this one (still kind of wish I had the integrated cheek riser though)

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
Can't imagine much, not sure why you'd put a stock pack on it though, kind of redundant IMO.

·
Administrator
12,029 Posts
That would depend on the stock pad. If you are talking about a full stock sleve, won't work withod mod. If you are talking about a stock butt pad, then no.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts