FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with this yet on their 17s? And how does it compare to the stock pws brake in terms of sound and recoil?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was just curious about the sound and recoil compared to the stock brake, ease of installation and whether it affected your accuracy at all.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
I was just curious about the sound and recoil compared to the stock brake, ease of installation and whether it affected your accuracy at all.
if PWS = 10 for concussion than the AAC is about 4/10 since it is diverted in a linear line towards the side but rather offset angles
if PWS = 10 for sound then the AAC is about 6/10 still loud
if AAC flashider = 1/10 and PWS = 10/10 for recoil reduction than the AAC is about 7/10. Putting a can (SDN6) ontop of the brake make the recoil about a 5/10. Now I am not recoil sensitive so these number may be shooter dependent
Installation was a breeze. I used the AAC tool to remove my old FH, clean and degrees, 2-3 drops rocksett and 45 lb/s of torque. No timing .
My accuracy was actually better with the AAC brakeout vs the flash hider. It also locks up better with my can . Now this could be because my old FH was not properly installed. I never base lined the PWS as I removed it as soon as I got the rifle. I would expect that you should get comparable +- accuracy as each guns barrel harmonics are different with different muzzle devices

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
How is this removed?
On an AR I can use a mag block in a vice, how is this done with a SCAR?
How is what removed? The PWS comes off simply with two wrenchs . Grab the locking nut and the brake and twist with opposite force. To install/remove AAC FH/brakeout you will need a barrel vise and the tool(for install) as you will need to secure it with proper torque

·
Registered
59 Posts
I was asking how to remove the PWS and now I know, thanks!

Which barrel vice do you recommend and does the AAC come with the tool?

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
I was asking how to remove the PWS and now I know, thanks!

Which barrel vice do you recommend and does the AAC come with the tool?
I make my own block from wood and line them with either leather or rubber hose then put them in a vise. I'm sure others could chime in on actual barrel vises to use but anything that holds the barrel securely and does not mar works for me. Trust me you will want this tool (buy separately)
BLACKOUT™ Flash Hider Tool
The 'smith' that installed my FH fd up and marred the barrel and Hider by not doing thing correctly. Take your time and use the correct tools and things will work great

·
Registered
53 Posts
So are you saying a the PWS = 10 for sound does that mean its the loudest, or its the best? Im trying to understand your ratings....I am wanting to get a BO 2.0 also for my 17s as my SDN6 comes in in a few weeks

if PWS = 10 for concussion than the AAC is about 4/10 since it is diverted in a linear line towards the side but rather offset angles
if PWS = 10 for sound then the AAC is about 6/10 still loud
if AAC flashider = 1/10 and PWS = 10/10 for recoil reduction than the AAC is about 7/10. Putting a can (SDN6) ontop of the brake make the recoil about a 5/10. Now I am not recoil sensitive so these number may be shooter dependent
Installation was a breeze. I used the AAC tool to remove my old FH, clean and degrees, 2-3 drops rocksett and 45 lb/s of torque. No timing .
My accuracy was actually better with the AAC brakeout vs the flash hider. It also locks up better with my can . Now this could be because my old FH was not properly installed. I never base lined the PWS as I removed it as soon as I got the rifle. I would expect that you should get comparable +- accuracy as each guns barrel harmonics are different with different muzzle devices

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
So are you saying a the PWS = 10 for sound does that mean its the loudest, or its the best? Im trying to understand your ratings....I am wanting to get a BO 2.0 also for my 17s as my SDN6 comes in in a few weeks
1-10 is just a relative scale of comparing . If I were to use DB's I would confuse even more. To simplify things the PWS is the loudest, has the most concussion and the most effective out of PWS, blackout, brakeout 2.0 the other ratings are relative to that

·
Registered
53 Posts
1-10 is just a relative scale of comparing . If I were to use DB's I would confuse even more. To simplify things the PWS is the loudest, has the most concussion and the most effective out of PWS, blackout, brakeout 2.0 the other ratings are relative to that
ok cool thanks...so overall what do you think about it? It sounds like recoil is about 30% more then PWS?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a quick question. I would like to install the Brakeout 2 on a SCAR 17. Can the Brakeout 2 be installed using the jam nut? I don't have a barrel vice or the special tool to mount the brake.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts