FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I will buy the honey badger or the mcx. Whomever comes to market first. They both look to be winners
My best guess - you will see AACs new stuff at Shot Show - but before it hits the consumers hands.... maybe a year or longer

I think the problem w/the Honey Badger will be how they sell it (for them to sell it as a complete weapon will be a tough sell - seeing how most folks don't want to be bothered with paying a NFA tax - the wait ... even more so if the potential buyer cannot enjoy their purchase while in NFA jail). Could go the route of a brace (oh the irony since that belongs to Sig) unless AAC develops their own brace and brings it to market. (so x1 Stamp for upper only due to suppressor - x2 Stamp complete weapon - stamp for the suppressor / stamp for the SBR

They could sell it as just the upper - but I am sure the bean counters are looking close on how they could still make substantial consumer profit for it to be viable - (they would need a serious IDIQ Govt. Contract award) and make it affordable and the next must have if the military has it...need to buy upper.

That's why I posted the pic of John Hollister's badge now that he is w/SIG - So who is the product manage for Remington/AAC Suppressor Product Division?

It started with Kevin Brittingham - Now at Sig

Now John Hollister - Now at Sig

Oh - and Mike Mers...moved to a consultant position...or is he really gone and under a 'gag' order?

So who does AAC have doing design and R&D? Who is their suppressor division product manager? Who is doing anything PR wise for AAC?

So MANY questions - so few answers....:-o

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will add; I am glad to see something new from AAC

Do I feel it may be too little too late - maybe

AAC has been thru the wringer - with the move/consolidation of services / personnel / flack from the general public - not to late for AAC to still step up their game

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm liking that 45M can as well. I think we'll be seeing some good stuff from AAC in the future.

As sexy as the Honey Badger is, I think I'd be more prone to getting the MCX. Quietest .300BLK in the industry supposedly.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm liking that 45M can as well. I think we'll be seeing some good stuff from AAC in the future.

As sexy as the Honey Badger is, I think I'd be more prone to getting the MCX. Quietest .300BLK in the industry supposedly.
FYI - just in case you did not know - Kevin Brittingham lead the development of the Honey Badger ;)

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
I've been saying that 2015 will be the biggest year for the silencer industry. I think we will see 25+ new models come out based on what I know from the manufactures.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts