FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I know that you can not run the AAC Muzzle brake on the scar 17 because of the lack of a good shoulder, which is why you must use the 51t flash hider because it requires no timing. Now my lgs claims that the timing is only for the muzzle brake and swear up and down that it will be okay to run my SDN-6 suppressor.

So what does the timing exactly do, and can you inform me so I can inform him.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
All timing does is line up the brake in the correct position. It's mostly cosmetic but it also sets the brake ports in the proper location. With out timing it properly you could end up with a port on the top or bottom. This could cause a dust signature when shooting prone or a flash in front of your face if the port is mis aligned on the top. Of course if you plan on always shooting it suppressed none of this matters. Somebody with more know how than myself will correct me if I'm wrong. Oh, and the main caution is not to use the jam nut if you are going to use a suppressor. This could equal a baffle strike.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh no I'm getting the 51t flash hider for my 17, I won't risk it, I just got my mind blown by 5 different guys at the store and I wanted to throw back real educated evidence I was right

1 - 3 of 3 Posts