Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MASADA -Magpul-Bushmaster

• Stick to the Plan-Buy FiveSeven and Eotech for PS90

About to buy: Looking at FS2000 / MSAR STG-556 / SCAR-L

5K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  gregg877 
#1 ·
As it states, I am about to buy one these.

I have managed to save up here and there (sold a few collectables as well) and now my savings just ran past getting a FiveSeven, which was my original plan.

Now I am looking at getting something that shoots .223. I really want something solid and upgradeable. I really don't want future problems. As I see it these are my current possibles in order-

Microtech STG-556- in my price range, proven platform and updated. Made here in US, can be converted to shoot 6.8 SPC as well. Cheap mags and can add on rails.

FS2000- Great Platform upgrades possible, not that it needs it. Price is a factor as well and have not seen one in person, so I am worried since I don't have monster long arms.

Sig 556 - I have read the other links here and I have held one. Great gun but a few draw backs made it drop to this spot.

Scar-L - not here yet which is why it's 4th, but I do want one. It may be out of my price range if the rumors that say it may run over 3K are true.

Masada - by Magpul and Bushmaster, I want one but cost and when is it coming??

HK 416- again when is it coming.

So please any comments of personal experience with any of these would be great. If you can give a general idea when the Masada may come out?
My $$$ is burning hole in my pocket but I want to be happy with my purchase. I am leaning toward the Microtech due to price and the Unique look of the weapon.

See less See more
#2 ·
Just a couple ideas:

You will not have any trouble handling the FS2000.

The MSAR takes proprietary mags that are about $30 and hard to find (but awesome).

The MSAR handles very very well. There is very little muzzle climb.

Bullpups are a lot more fun. Go FS2000 for ambidextrous, or MSAR for a more rugged and sleek platform with bolt hold open.

Eotechs are very, very nice- and perfect for the PS90- I think you should get an Eotech first.

The five seven pistol is expensive to buy just to have it. I say don't spend the money unless you will actually carry the pistol, or shoot it often.

#3 ·
Promoted Pawn said:
The five seven pistol is expensive to buy just to have it. I say don't spend the money unless you will actually carry the pistol, or shoot it often.
Yes, this is true. I rarely shoot mine - and I never intended to carry it when I bought it. I've been tempted to sell it a time or two - but have decided to keep it - as one day in the future, I may be glad i held onto it (unless that pesky 12-21-2012 thing happens :lol: )

#5 ·
:-x Since I already own the FsN, 90, and the 2K, . . . next on the list I want something that gives me more flexibility. So naturally I gravitate towards either the SCAR or the Masada. Given the possible pricing of both these systems, I'm leaning more towards the Masada at this point. A SCAR would be nice, but for the price (I've heard upwards to $3K) I can think of other more affordable systems to purchase and play with.

8)

#6 ·
DAUG said:
:-x Since I already own the FsN, 90, and the 2K, . . . next on the list I want something that gives me more flexibility. So naturally I gravitate towards either the SCAR or the Masada. Given the possible pricing of both these systems, I'm leaning more towards the Masada at this point. A SCAR would be nice, but for the price (I've heard upwards to $3K) I can think of other more affordable systems to purchase and play with.

8)
AHEM

...and you can buy them NOW :? , in multiple calibers :p

and as mine currently sits, minus laser

#8 ·

8)
AHEM

...and you can buy them NOW :? , in multiple calibers :p

and as mine currently sits, minus laser

Holy **** that is the XCR?! (opps can I say that)

Very Nice and very impressive.

I may have to reconsider, I just need to see how much these run compared to my bank account.

What did that one run and do you have a stock on it?

BP

#10 ·
I bought mine about two years ago, so I paid considerably less than what they are going for now. But if you go to...

http://www.robarm.com/products.asp?cat=10

You can get the price. Most dealers are just below the MSRP, so for under $1800 (probably around $1700 out the door) you can get the same gun that I have.

EDIT: It looks like $1550+tax/transfer you should be able to get the same one as me, maybe a little less minus options.

#14 ·
If it were me, buying "RIGHT NOW" I'd go for the FS2000. It's got the advantage over the MSAR in that it's not a clone. It's manufactured by the original manufacturer that also produces the military F2000. Further, it's manufactured in Belgium, therefore, it wouldn't even require an official AWB for it's importation to be halted. The supply of FS2000 could literally be stopped with the stroke of a pen.

Another great option is the SIG556. For the money, it's a very good rifle. The XCR doesn't interest me personally. I'd take the 556 or Masada/ACR over the Robinson any day.

The MSAR looks to be a good carbine. It's got great fit & finish and I can tell they really gave an A+ effort in their manufacture. The only thing that I don't care for is that not all parts are AUG compatible. They won't accept AUG mags without alteration, (AUG mags are cheaper and easier to find) and I really don't care for the forward assist. I've never used the forward assist on either of my original AUGs, so I don't see it as being necessary. Also, from a collector's standpoint, it will always be considered a clone, and won't rise in value to the same extent as an OEM product would.

I actually voted for the SCAR... When it arrives, it will be worth the wait. It will be an OEM manufactured product that's been thoroughly tested, evaluated and debugged. I'd expect it to be the best option for a modular carbine. I don't buy into all the alarmists who think it will be crazy expensive. It'll probably be somewhere in-line with what the FS2K is going for. Quite possibly cheaper, considering it will be competing with the Masada/ACR and the fact that there are no import expenses.

#16 ·
Next Rifle

Just ran into a problem, or something.

I found a great deal on a MSAR STG-556, best price I have seen anywhere.

I am thinking I should jump on it.

I also sent out some PMs asking questions, thanks for answering quickly and for all the help.

BP

#18 ·
Re: Microtech MSAR STG-556

BPx69 said:
Just purchased a STG-556.

I ran into a GREAT DEAL -- Best I have seen anywhere.

I will post pics.

I know, I really wanted a FS2000 but this was a great deal which will help in the long run.

BP

Pics to follow.
If you are in Texas and bought it from Schramm, that is one hell of a great price!!

http://www.sturmgewehr.com/webBBS/semi4sale.cgi?read=202038

#19 ·
STG-556

I purchased it from Red's Tradingpost . com. I found it on GB and started to do a layaway but went ahead and paid for it.

btw great service and fast shipping and SUPER price !!

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=101765070

This rifle is great and compact! Shoots great but I still need an optic, since it is a rail. I would have purchased a FS2000 but funds are a problems. Money is tight and I really want to do some Weekend shoots with some work friends.

I guess I will now have to post my pics of it in Black Rifle and not here. I am going to sell one gun of mine because I would like to purchase a FiveSeven before August for the free ammo.

BP

edit Added pic

#21 ·
STG 556

I also just bought one of those from Red's Trading Post via gunbroker, $1479 BIN plus $29 for post, that is by far the best price on those rifles anywhere. Already own an FS2K and a PS90, always wanted an AUG, but can't afford a real one.

Got a query in to MSAR for a price on the factory 1.5 CQB optic, though if something else comes up, might hop on that instead.

Congrats on your new purchase.

Gregg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.