FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just placed an order today with Turbozag at Bud's gun shop for a FiveSeven USG. I've never shot one nor have I even handled one but after reading the great reviews from you guys on here I figured I couldn't go wrong.

Some people might think I should atleast pick one up and try it first before dropping $825 on something sight unseen but I had never fired a PS90 either before buying one after reading the reviews on here and its now my favorite gun to shoot. So I figure you guys must know what your talking about.

I'll post a review and my first impression of it after I fire a few shots through it.

Hopefully I'll have it in a couple days.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Hey - I did the same thing. And, I do not regret it. I had never shot one before either.

I just bought a 5th mag for it today, in fact...

·
Registered
395 Posts
I'm STILL paying on mine that's on layaway...

:eek:

Thanks Nighthawk!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got to pick up my new toy yesterday. (Thanks Turbozag) After handling it and looking it over I'm really impressed with the quality of this pistol and I couldn't believe how light it felt. I have large hands and it fit perfectly and I love the coarse stippling on the grip.

When I got it home I read the instructions, field stripped it and cleaned and oiled it to get it ready to try it out this weekend and see how it functions.

I'll try and take some pics and maybe some video when I go. I'll be taking the FiveSeven and the PS90.

Here are some teaser pics till then.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Nice pics.

I had to make a slight adjustment to my rear sight on my first trip. I have sandbags I sometimes use for my PS90 - so I bought those in and dialed the rear sight in. I cover my target with the dot, instead of using the top edge of the sights. So, that may have been why I had to make the adjustments too...

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I use a laser bore sighter on all my new rifles and pistol before I take them out to shoot. I used it on the 57 pistol and noticed the sights were off to the right a little too much so I dialed it in. Up and down adjustments were dead on so I left them alone.

I know a bore sighter only gets you close but sighting in rifles at 100 yds and pistols at 25 yrds it has never been more than a 1/2" off. Best $40 bucks I ever spent.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Well, I used a laser boresighter to sight my PS90 in at 50 yards (the stock sight is set for 50 yards, and ballistically, it's a better sight in distance than 100 yards for the 5.7 round in the PS90 - there are charts showing this).

For a handgun, I don't need a boresighter, however. If they hit where I want at 7 yards, then I am fine.

I set my Fiveseven to hit the bullseye at 7 yards. It is my home defense gun (night stand gun), and this is the distance I do most of my shooting. I am not a good pistol shot at far distances. I'll be honest and say that I don't know exactly how far off I'd be at 25 yards. But, for what I want, a 7 yard sight in is where I want to be.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Actually I sighted in my PS90 at 50 yrds also. I just meant generally I sight in rifles at 100 yrds and pistols at 25 yrds. My carbines I sight in at 50 yrds. PS90, UZI, Beretta Storm, M1 30 cal, bulgarian krink things like that.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
IT appears that we about have the same tac light - I have an M5 light - which is exactly the same as the M3 - except it is for the Walther P99. IT also fits my Five Seven.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think streamlight makes one of the best tactical lights on the market for the price. They're compact, quick detachable, light weight, can be mounted on a pistol or rifle and you have the option of using a remote pad.

I've been thinking about getting an M6 with the laser but I haven't tried one yet. I think it would have been better if they placed the laser above the light to keep it closer to the bore though.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Nighthawk said:
I've been thinking about getting an M6 with the laser but I haven't tried one yet. I think it would have been better if they placed the laser above the light to keep it closer to the bore though.
I agree - very few brands do that

1 - 11 of 11 Posts