FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning FN-Fans,

So I found this site and joined to get more info on the PS90 purchase I was looking at. But I think you guys might have just talked me into picking up a matching FiveseveN while I'm at it. It will be a bit of a change as I've been a .45 guy and my latest 1911 TRP Operator shoots soooo nice. But there are some definite advantages to the 5.7 and I like the idea of having a pistol and a compact carbine chambered the same.

I think I can get a good deal through my range as they came back with a much better price than what I've seen at the dealers I've looked at.

So, being a tinkerer, I'll also be building out the PS90. I'm going to start with the black tri-rail version and build from there. To start, I think I'll add the longer side sights, rebuild the mags into 50s, add the brass catcher so I can clean up easier and look for a sight and strap combination.

Right now there's a deal through FNH if you buy a tri-rail you can get a free C-More (though you have to mail them a copy of your 4473...). Does anyone have much experience with this sight? They also have 2 different versions, the ARW and the CRW but I haven't found much info on what the differences are.
From what I've read the laser option is another nice piece to add on for closer or nighttime engagements. Anyone have suggestions on laser sights?

Thanks for all the information I've already dug up. Once I've got both in hand, I'll get a pic or two of my collection.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just bought a tri-rail PS90 for $1200, and intend to take advantage of the dot sight offer from FN. I kinda feel like I lucked out finding the one I got on Gunbroker, since most with the regular sight system were going for more. One with the C-MORE would have been selling there for well over $1500, IMHO!

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Texas Armadillo has a C-More on an AR - if he sees this he can tell ya about the site. I believe U can order diodes from Midway USA for it for $50 or so... Then U can change the MOA dot size to what you want, if you don't like the default 4 MOA size.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Hello,

The C-More Railway is the one I have. It's an alright sight. They are NV compatible. And like Ship said, you can change out the diode to change the size of the dot to your liking. You can buy 2MOA through 16MOA diodes.

http://www.cmore.com/diode.html

It's as simple as pulling out a "chip" and plugging the new one in. But by the time you buy a C-More and an extra diode... you could have an EOTech 511 or 512. If you get the C-More in a promotion, that's great, but if you are going to buy one outright, I'd go ahead and get the EOTech.

The C-More is a little fragile looking so I always feel I need to be extra careful with it, and the brightness control makes me have to put my off hand in front of the dot to adjust it.

I wish the sight adjustment screws had "clicks" instead of just a smooth turn to them, that would make it easier to dial in.

It uses a 3 volt lithium 1/3N battery.

My Aimpoint and EOTech sights are better made and I would prefer to have one of them if I was in a jam. The C-More is a good sight to have but it will never be on my "grab and go" rifle. Keep in mind that this is just my opinion and it's only worth what ya paid for it. :D

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I do like the Eotech, but I bought the PS90 to take advantage of the sight deal as well. I am keeping my Eotech sights on ar15s, but I have heard people give above average review on C-more sights.....can't wait to get mine in the mail to see how well they perform.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts