FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to revamp my firearm cleaning regiment as I have really been out of the loop over the last 10 years. So having said that what new fangled oil and greases have been released AND actually work? List your best. Thanks.

Reactions: Ironminer

·
Registered
660 Posts
I use Rem oil first (for rust prevention with Pft.) and then Tetra grease on all load bearing surfaces and rails. (Pft to a quarter micron!) I've never seen anything like Tetra grease in stopping wear on my O/U shotguns and the locking lugs on an AR bolt face. Jeweled monoblocks on a comp Perazzi had no signs of wear even after 19,200 rounds shot in skeet competitions in 2001-2002. My limited class .45's look and are as tight as new after shooting three seasons of IPSC limited class. For stopping wear on metal parts, I've never found Tera's equal.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I am looking to revamp my firearm cleaning regiment as I have really been out of the loop over the last 10 years. So having said that what new fangled oil and greases have been released AND actually work? List your best. Thanks.

NRA Awards Mil-Comm Products Company Licensing Rights For NRA Gun Care Product Line

"MIL-COMM Products Company is a leading supplier of extreme performance arms lubricants to U.S. Armed Forces and to more than 20 U.S. Allied Militaries. TW25B armament lubricants – the same formulations now being marketed with NRA – are used by elite U.S. combat units worldwide, including U.S. Special Forces, U.S. Army Rangers, U.S. Navy SEALs and others."

1 - 20 of 43 Posts