FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right. so i am fairly new to guns. good shot and own a few but im really a newbie to them as far as what all i can do to enhance them. i just bought an FNX 40 and i want to get a sight, tactical light (with a laser as well maybe), and a silencer for it. i know osprey has a great silencer so i will do that soon. and a light/laser seems simple, but what do i do with a sight? i think i want a holographic sight? are there different types? i know nothing about them really so... whats a good sight i can enjoy without too much hassle configuring it? do you have to tweak them to sight it in and how do you do that? well enough questions for one post. really appreciate the help.

Cheers

·
Registered
17 Posts
From what I read the FNX does not have many accessories available. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable than I can address this issue for you though.

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
If you want a sight other than iron sights, you'll probably have to get the slide milled.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh dang really? sounds expensive and time consuming. seems like too much effort for just a sight. thanks for letting me know Dan.

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
Yeah, there really aren't any other options other than a rail that mounts to the frame rail and extends over the slide (cumbersome and ugly IMO). Another option I have seen was a custom pic rail that attached via dovetail to the slide replacing the rear sight. Can't imagine that's terribly cheap either being a one-off kind of thing.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Just get trijicon night sights (expensive) or amerigo (cheap) which have triji inserts and get good at shooting.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I have only taken my FNX-40 to the range 4 times so far. I have 800 flawless rounds down the pipe and I am getting pretty darn good already. Nothing to brag about but pretty good. My firt mag 14 cold shots, on a 8" Visishot target at 25', I put 4 dead bullseye with 3 more in the 1 ring, 5 inside the 3 ring and a two in the 4 ring.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
got it. so there are sights that will fit but really not terribly necessary or beneficial for precision marksmanship? and yeah i dont get to go shooting too often but i can hit within about a 3inch radius on a target at about 10 yards. not terrible but certainly room for improvement. thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hey as a side question, do you know of a good tactical leg holster that would be good for the FNX-40? Im a southpaw too so itd have to be ambidextrous.

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
If you want a good drop-leg holster, a Safariland 6004 or 6005 is an option. You won't be able to switch it to the right side however.

Safariland 6004 Tactical Holster - 25% Off

They have single strap version available as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts