FN Herstal Firearms banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been seeing some pics lately of guys with lights attached to the front, lower area of the FS2000. Do those lights just fit into the stock gun, or do you have to buy some sort of attachment seperately. Just curious...

·
Registered
42 Posts
ShipWreck said:
I've been seeing some pics lately of guys with lights attached to the front, lower area of the FS2000. Do those lights just fit into the stock gun, or do you have to buy some sort of attachment seperately. Just curious...
Like this?

If you open up the FS2000's handguard, there are markings showing where to cut semi-circles(in both sides, resulting in a hole when the handguards are reassembled). These semi-circles are appr 1"in diameter....the same as most weaponlights.

Careful dremelling results in the ability to install a 1" weaponlight (or really whatever you want depending on how far you dremel) directly inside the handguard.

Drill a small diameter hole in the back and you can run a tapeswitch through it......or if your light is long enough....allow the tailcap to protrude slightly into the triggerguard area.

FN has shown pictures of a Light module. I assume they use the same base handguards for this module due to the presence of the cutout guides.

·
Registered
15,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, ok. That's pretty cool. I thought U had to use a special FN light. I didn't know that you could put your own in (assuming it was a 1 inch diameter kind).

·
Registered
42 Posts
ShipWreck said:
Oh, ok. That's pretty cool. I thought U had to use a special FN light. I didn't know that you could put your own in (assuming it was a 1 inch diameter kind).
I just put a cheap surefire G2 in there. It could be modified to work with just about any light.

I'll probably upgrade to a brighter light but the G2 was sitting in one of my drawers.......and I had already committed to an evening of dremmeling :)

·
Registered
125 Posts
I saw somewhere that someone ( real helpful, I know) is offering hand guards for the FS. Maybe it was the "other" forum.

Let me say it....The search function still works 8)

·
Registered
163 Posts
FS handguard

Thorfinn,

That is way cool, I haven't had my FS too long, but was planning on unbolting the hadnguard to take a peak inside to see if there was enough meat to mill a slot for an M6 tac light/laser or something, but a flashlight alone will be fine.

Just zeroed the rifle yesteryday, both the irons and the EOtech(552 A65). Gonna fine tune it next weekend, and see if I can come up with some figures to post.

Was wondering, did you have the stock on your FS dyed, or did you buy it as a black rifle, and if you did have it dyed, how do you like it?

Gregg

·
Registered
857 Posts
What are you using to actually hold the light in place so it does not just slip out of the hole - is it just friction?

·
Registered
42 Posts
The light is just held in with friction. The holes are a tiny bit undersized so that when you tighten the screws it's clamped in very tightly. Its not going ANYWHERE.

The gun was black from the factory.

For a laser....I just got an insight ISM-V red dot optic with co-aligned integral visible laser. I really like it so far.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Looks great! Anyone have a how to on doing this? I do gunsmithing but Im a little scared of cutting into gun that costs 1,900 bucks...

Anyone know where they sell extra forearms for them?

·
Registered
45 Posts
FN has them for Phone # 1-800-635-1321 Handguard part # BFS000056 MSRP $10

It's not really that hard. Took about an hour.

fatcat said:
Looks great! Anyone have a how to on doing this? I do gunsmithing but Im a little scared of cutting into gun that costs 1,900 bucks...

Anyone know where they sell extra forearms for them?

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
CSfirearms, Thank you for the Phone and part numbers I ordered one this morning 6/6/7.

What flip up irons are on your rifle in the picture? And is that the Urban-E.R.T. sling you have on it? Thanks................................DJ

·
Registered
45 Posts
Well I'm glad it all worked out. Need to show me your setup when you get it done. The BUIS are Midwest Industries sights and I have a single point Urban ERT sling. I actually just placed an order for a AAC M4-1000 silencer for my FS today so that should be my last "cool mod" on mine for awhile. Yeah right!!! But AAC makes a flash hinder that will screw onto the LH thread of the FS so no need to rethread the barrel and the silencer is a quick detach!!

http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/ar_flip_up_sight.htm
http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/ar_flip_up_sight_front.htm
Need the sight for a rail.
http://www.advanced-armament.com/flyers/m41000.pdf
djpaintles said:
CSfirearms, Thank you for the Phone and part numbers I ordered one this morning 6/6/7.

What flip up irons are on your rifle in the picture? And is that the Urban-E.R.T. sling you have on it? Thanks................................DJ

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.