FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought Scar 17 not to long ago and still putting add ons on. Sighted iron sights to 25m/300m like manual says but still havnt went shooting yet. Was wondering if it's pretty accurate out of box with manuals recommended settings or is there some adjustments needed wether huge or little. I understand weather, wind and ammo can change everything. Just want to know everyone's story when they first took their baby out

·
Registered
6,698 Posts
My irons required very minimal adjustments from the recommended starting point. She sighted in just fine and is a joy to shoot. I'm actually quite fond of the scars irons.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I cleaned it, popped the sights up, loaded 1 round and let her rip! I always load only 1 round on a new firearm for my initial shot. I guess its just in case something happens then I'm not dealing with a loaded firearm if there is an emergency and I like to see that is a nice round hole, no keyhole. Second mag gets 2 rounds, then the third is full. I had a FAL run away on me once, it wasn't fun!

BTW- My first round at 25 yds using the iron sights was a 1/4 inch below the X. The next two were another 1/4 inch to the right of that in the shape of a snowman, they were touching. I'd say it was accurate......

·
Registered
25,418 Posts
What I meant was recommended starting point which is setting your rear sight to 3 and what not
...eyeball through the barrel via a sandbag and then the irons without moving the barreled upper.. Come up and view the target through the sights. If the view is close between the bore and sight picture of the target, you're going to cut good paper @ 25m.

-SS

·
Registered
505 Posts
Shoot it and find out. Dont worry about saving ammo. The SCAR 17 DEMANDS to be fed regularly.

Reactions: Goldngun and SR1911
1 - 9 of 9 Posts