FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I did an accuracy report of my FNP-9 I thought I would do one on the FNP-40! Gun shot well! Matched my Sigs. This is the gun that FN repaired. All I had was blazer ammo so I am sure that group could tighten. Target shows a full clip in target shot 15 yards 2hand stance standing. Double click image

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I would be ashamed to post my last 15 yard target compared to that one. Definitely not my gun's fault. I need more ammo and more practice.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am looking for some guiding.....

My FNP 40 is shooting low.....is that normal? Not very accurate for me yet...getting better with the time but ...any pointers ....I am a nubby.
so far I have shoot 700 round between me and my buddies in one night ....That gun shoot every time never over heat and never jam.

Notice with rapid fire action I was dead on.... when I shoot to aim not accurate enogh for me yet.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
First how are you aiming? If you are putting the bullseye at the top of the sight picture (lining up front sight with top of back sight with bullseye on top) Try changing to putting the white dot of the front sight in the center of the bullseye while lining up the dots or lining up the sights and see what results you get.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Re: I am looking for some guiding.....

My FNP 40 is shooting low.....is that normal? Not very accurate for me yet...getting better with the time but ...any pointers ....I am a nubby.
so far I have shoot 700 round between me and my buddies in one night ....That gun shoot every time never over heat and never jam.

Notice with rapid fire action I was dead on.... when I shoot to aim not accurate enogh for me yet.
I notice the faster i fire, the straighter it shoots as well. but when i aim and fire, it still groups well but sometimes not always in the right spot

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
I had a similar problem with my HK USPc - the fullsize USP didn't do this for me.

I already have sandbags because of my PS90 - So, I took the gun to the range, and rested the magazine bottom on a sandbag and fired - gun was spot on. It was just me - and I SWORE itw as the gun.

Took me about 800-1000 rounds thru it to stop shooting low. Now I shoot the USPc just fine.

Before U assume it is the gun - try this...

·
Registered
873 Posts
My FNP 40 is the same. Using a brace of some sort it shoots point of aim.

Practice... Practice... Practice...

:?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts