1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well since I did accuracy reports on the FNP-9 & FNP-40
I might as well do one on the FNP-45!

I must say it is sweet!

As with most of the reports here the Accuracy and the grouping was Great! See pic!

The problems I see is the front sight is to narrow, a tad too tall and leaves to much slop when placed in the back sight. The slide release needs to stick out a little further or have more area to push down on!

My gun shot great but shot a tad to the right and low. A couple raps on a brass punch fixed the shooting to the right. and after taking the gun home and looking at the front sight I seen that there was a slight rise to front of the sight. So out came the file! I filed it flat to bring barrel up a tad.
So the results will wait till the end of the week when I can shoot it again.

Overall it was a blast to shoot! Flat backstrap felt the best. Trigger was probably the best of all three FNP's

Target was shot standing @ 15 yds, offhand, 2 hand stance, 230 grain RN. with 5.5 grains of Winchester 231 powder.

click picture for enlargement.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Great report Venison! Food for thought though. If you are shooting from less than 20 feet you need to shoot point of aim. Anything further than 20 feet aim 6 O'clock. I noticed the same, but once I put the front dot on poa I was putting them right on the X.

I finally got my FS2000 sighted in. Very cool!!!!!!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks impcmonk! I see you did buy the FS2000! Congrats!

I know what your saying about the 6-oclock But I hate to remember on which gun I aim where to make it hit where I want it to so I always modify / change sights to hit exactly like their supposed to. Every handgun I have shoots the same way and I aim in the same place.
call me a perfectionist etc. But I know how I like to shoot them! It is the same thing I like to do with rifles. Consistancy will make you a better shooter always.

·
Banned
24 Posts
Thanks for the report - good shooting! I agree on the slide catch lever - tough to manipulate compared to most other guns.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Is this kind of group acievable with most .45's?

It seems that the entire FNP series pistols are very accurate, no?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I believe it is with most 5" 1911's. & various other models & manufacture's. Practice and consistancy in the way you shoot will get you groups. Ammo is another story. Stick with good ammo or reloads. The cheap stuff will give you fits!
I had good accuracy with my other 2 FNP's and gave the 45 a shot and it didn't let me down. And with 14 round capacity it will be fun!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I went to the range on friday after sight adjustment and the results were great!
15 yards, offhand, 2 hand stance! 14 rounds! This gun is sweet! reloads 230 gr RN, 5.5 gr win. 231

click image

·
Registered
249 Posts
Nice group :?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts