FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ACOG 6X48 Review
For starters I need to apologize to Trijicon for all the bad things I said about them yesterday. My ACOG 6X48 arrived from Optics Planet last Friday and the following day I took my SCAR17 to the range to try it out. Couldn’t zero the scope after adjusting it as far as it would go. Drove home saying all kinds of less than positive things about Trijicon laced with the usual amount of profanity after purchasing a $2K scope only to find it’s not even in the ball park. I get home, put my reading glasses on and notice that the scope is not seating flush on the rails and although you can tighten it down, the rear sight was keeping it from sitting properly on the rails. (Insert four lettered expletive), I screwed up. I didn’t see that it wasn’t flush, spent the day ranting and raving only to find out that I got the dumb a $$ of the day award. My fault. I removed the rear sight because that’s where I want my eye relief on the scope and “Oh Look”, it sits just fine on the rails.

Went to the range this morning and in just a few shots, was zeroed and moving on to the 100M target and having a great time. Next month we’ll go 200m-300m.

I went back and forth from getting an ELCAN Spectre DR to the 6X48 ACOG and finally settled on the ACOG. You will all make your own choices in scopes depending on whatever variables you are choosing under but I’ll throw mine in anyways. The ACOG is right at $2K and Optics planet threw in some party favors with the purchase (hats, multi tools, stuff like that). The ELCAN is $2.6K and has two different mag options (1.6-6X). Elcan is lighter also. The ACOG is 2pounds. Why I got the ACOG is that I felt I wouldn’t use the 1.5X mag of the ELCAN and the eye relief is more to my liking along with the FOV. Spending an extra $600 for those three points made the ACOG the choice for me. The extra weight is a non-issue as I’m not running around the mountains in Afghanistan.
I’m just sharing experience here and I hope this helps those of you out there that haven’t purchased optics yet for your SCAR. I included my dumb a $$ mistake so that you don’t screw up like I did. For those of you over 40, put your glasses on first and pay close attention to how it seats on the rails. You shouldn’t have any issues and make embarrassing mistakes like I did.

The first pic is the zero target. The hit on the lower left is the first round, the group below the bull’s-eye is the first correction. The center hits are using the first rung down on the scope since this is a 25M zero. The second target is fast shooting at 100M. By zeroing one rung below your main point of aim on the scope at the 25M, no adjustment was needed for 100m and you simply put the dot on the target and you’re good to go. Hope this helps.
photo(4).JPG Rotate image 90 degrees clockwise. Sorry, I'm not good with software and unless there's a button that says "rotate image" sitting next to the pic then I'm done.

photo(5).JPG yep, go 90 degrees clockwise here too.
photo(6).JPG Again, rotate image
photo(7).JPG This one you can leave alone, but I'm thinking you figured that out already...

·
Registered
252 Posts
I considered the ACOG for my SCAR, but decided on a scope because of my age/eyes. I felt I would be limited in range with an ACOG. I've been very happy with my Nikon M308 BDC. I got the SCAR with 200 to 500 yard shooting.

·
Registered
173 Posts
that is one BIG ASS optic...........

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
The Big Ass ACOG is a fantastic optic for a specific role, glass clarity and field of view are unmatched. This comes at a price of weight but overall prefect DMR optic

·
Registered
173 Posts
no disagreement here, I was going to get one for my SASS AR10 but ended up going with a 4-16 Meopta.
agree the ACOG is a great optic I have 2 just different models.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have this same exact optic on my Scar 17 and I love it. The 6x is fantastic for just about anything

Sent from my iPhone using Outdoor Forums

1 - 7 of 7 Posts