FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what PS90 is best for use with a ACOG. I know the triple rail will work. If you got a standard could you mount one in the tunnel after removing the stock sight. Also which one would have the lower hight to the barrel.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Tri rail will have the lowest rail, but putting an ACOG on a 90 would be like a turd on a toothpick, IMO.

Zhur

·
Banned
2,293 Posts
I would imagine a tripple rail would be better for the simple reason of less movement. If you get one of the other ones... remove the integrated site..... add the accessory that adds a rail..... don't you get movement out of that part? I would magine that the tripple rail would be the way to go simply because it is more secure and there are less parts involved.

You know intially I thougth only the red dot or a holographic would be best on the PS90. The older I get though, that little bit if magnificaiton on some scopes is ESSENTIAL to shoot with effectiveness over 50 feet. Well, for me anyhow. I just don't have the eyes to compensate for that kind of distance.

Plus, this rifle is quite accurate beyond that distance, so some magnification makes sense if you ask me.

I would think that a 3x scope might just be perfect?

I actually never shot my PS90 with anything other than red dot.

·
Registered
408 Posts
turn on a toothpick = something very big on top of something very little.
It's just my opinion, get what you like, I prefer the Eotech myself. congrats on the rifle. (I'd slap that ACOG on an AR15 though hehehe)

Zhur

·
Registered
4,907 Posts

·
Banned
2,293 Posts
...that is the one. Looks like a perfect fit to me. What magnificaiton does that have ?I wonder.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
The title to the link says "PS90 with TROS mounted 2X ACOG" I have played with one of the larger units at the gun show and the glass was superb, The brightness indoors was very noticeable. The only problem is the money factor.

·
Registered
58 Posts
ACOG

That's my post.

It's a 2x and I love it.

The ACOG is engineered to be fired both eyes open up close even if it is 2x and the system works well in my opinion because of the quality of the optics.

It's a very sound system for 10 yards to 100.

I haven't really worked with it much over 100 yards but being 2x it'll obviously kick the pants off of any non-magnified system.

The scope to bore center line is the same or lower then the factory optic, so it's closer then any thing you could put on a tri-rail

The only draw back is cost... the TROS mount and ACOG cost more then a lot of AR-15s..heh

1 - 12 of 12 Posts