FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone run this on their SCAR 17? Any complaints? I've talked about getting this for almost a year and i'm thinking about using deer season next month as an excuse and finally pulling the trigger. Looks like I can get one on Amazon for about 1300 out the door.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Not sure if trijicon still have their military discount program, maybe you could get a awesome deal through them.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
have the 223 version on it.
Oh yeah...loved it in the military that's why I want the .308 version. Guess i'll clicky and buy it. Just a last minute if there any reason/ complaints about using it on the SCAR. Sounds like not.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I have the TA11E-G on my 17S, and have ran it for several years. It's a great all round combat/do everything optic. My only real complaints are the 3.5x magnification and chevron reticle really start limiting precision at longer ranges. They're still minute of bad guy/Bambi all day long, but if you ever want to shoot for accurate groupings, you'll notice it start to limit what you can do.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks. But I realize my limitations and doubt i'll ever be worried about groupings further out. If I wanted to shoot 400-800M accurately i'd get a variable or higher mag scope.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Thanks. But I realize my limitations and doubt i'll ever be worried about groupings further out. If I wanted to shoot 400-800M accurately i'd get a variable or higher mag scope.
You'll probably like it. I never expected to want to shoot the tightest groups possible either, until I realized how accurate the SCAR was, and wanted to try and take advantage of it as much as possible (And started reloading for accuracy. That's addictive). Good luck with your ACOG. Now: go buy all that other crap you shouldn't be buying! :?

·
Registered
609 Posts
i just got a ta11e-g love it on my scar17. i have a number of optics including a benchrest nightforce all on qd mounts that can go on the scar17 if i really want one there. the trijicon is a great short range hunting optic.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
On my way to the range with it now. Something seems a little weird though me and a buddy both looking through it see a blurry red dot and no elevation drop marks a lot. It'll focus crystal-clear far off but seems to go in and out of blurry and clear. Don't remember that ever happening with my army issued a card any advice?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Do you have both eyes open? And how close are you looking? If you're inside looking at something, you're too close.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Disregard after taking it to the range it was fine maybe the light was too low or had to warm up or something idk<br><br>Holy **** I love this. Didn't even zero proper and was pinging a propane tank consistently at 300 m. I didn't have a whole lot of desire to shoot my scar a bunch since I got it but now I can't wait to come back. Hate Irons love the ACOG. <br><br>

1 - 19 of 19 Posts