FN Herstal Firearms banner

ACOG TA31

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  bocktagon 
#1 ·
I’m sure this has beat to death but can’t really find much about it specifically. Looking for an ACOG for a 17s and I’m wondering if anyone has ever used a TA31 on one. I ask because judging by the trigicon website, it appears they don’t make a TA31 with a 7.62 reticle, mostly 5.56. Are they close enough that it doesn’t matter much perhaps?

#6 ·
The TA11's are markedly better than the NSN/TA31 varients. Better eye relief, eye box, and field of view. Have been excellent and durable on m4's through 240's. TA11's can be used dynamically and in less than perfect positions w/o recoiling into your face.

Simpler and easier to train people on than SFP 1-6/1-8x. The USMC actually originally to get the 3.5x varient but a paperwork mistake was made during a last minute paperwork submission, oopsy.

#7 ·
The TA11's are markedly better than the NSN/TA31 varients. Better eye relief, eye box, and field of view. Have been excellent and durable on m4's through 240's. TA11's can be used dynamically and in less than perfect positions w/o recoiling into your face.

Simpler and easier to train people on than SFP 1-6/1-8x. The USMC actually originally to get the 3.5x varient but a paperwork mistake was made during a last minute paperwork submission, oopsy.
Interesting! Didn’t know this. Fun fact to know. Does not surprise me being prior military though honestly haha.

Looks like the TA11 is the way to go. Looking at horseshoe and chevron.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.