FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick question about the seating of the action bars in the inertia block. When reassembling the rifle after cleaning, it seems like the action bars barely want to stay in the inertia block! I've taken the gun to the range and cleaned it a number of times with no issues before, but while traveling I took it to a friend's house to clean and he and his brother were flabbergasted at how tenuously the bars stuck in the block. Maybe it's no different from the other times I've reassembled and my buddies' commentary has spooked me, but I'm concerned about what would happen if one of the bars came loose while I was reinstalling the forend. Has anyone else had similar experiences? How snugly are the bars supposed to stay on the slots in the block? They aren't bent or anything. I'd appreciate any thoughts on the issue. Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i noticed that too... but on mine 1 bar had tension and the other didnt, allowing it to fall out with the hand guard off. i took matters in my own hands and filed on the tight bars contact point on the inertia block until the pressure was equal. i think the handguard holds the bars in place while assembled, so theres no threat of one falling out during use... but i was tired of my left side falling off as soon as i take the guard off. they both stay on now and the rifle shoots great! i have no scientific proof that anything improved... but it cant hurt, right?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought the hand guard might do something at first, too, but wouldn't that mean it's coming into contact with the bars during operation? I feel like that would annihilate the inside of the hand guard.

·
Registered
8 Posts
it looks like they are just close enough to keep the bars from falling off, but not rubbing with any pressure... something is keeping the bars on! as soon as the handguard comes off the bars fall off easy... so im assuming its doing something to hold them on?

·
Registered
28 Posts
The stock does keep them on. They do slide lightly on the inside .If you notice , in some areas there will be no powder residue on the stock. Mine would fall off when removing the stock too. I did the same thing KYND did ,break out the file.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts