FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ad Featuring Popular Police Pup Sparks Anger in Scottish Muslim Communities

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Muslims in the Scottish district of Tayside are outraged by the appearance of a wide-eyed, 6-week-old puppy on postcards distributed by the local police force, according to the Daily Mail.

Postcards showing police dog-in-training Rebel, a German shepherd born in early December, are causing a furor among the region’s Muslims who believe dogs are "ritually unclean," the Daily Mail reports.

The cute cards were meant to notify locals of a new telephone number for non-emergency phone calls but instead have become a flashpoint for a clash of cultures. Shopkeepers are refusing to display the offending ad and a Dundee city councilor is calling for an investigation.

"My concern was that it's not welcomed by all communities, with the dog on the cards," said Dundee councilor Mohammed Asif, according to the report.

The Tayside police force said the police puppy, the force’s "newest recruit," was not intended to cause offense.

"His incredible worldwide popularity — he has attracted record visitor numbers to our Web site — led us to believe Rebel could play a starring role in the promotion of our non-emergency number," said a police spokesperson.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,374564,00.html

·
Registered
67 Posts
This article is really funnier because it stated in a British Tabloid that recived a complaint from one guy about the puppy and now almost every news site has it! :lol:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Muslims who believe dogs are "ritually unclean,"
Wow, I feel the same way about muslims.
:x

·
Registered
115 Posts
When is it going to end... get over it abdul!!! :cry: :twisted:

·
Registered
373 Posts
I used to be sympathetic to other peoples' cultures, but its little things like this that make me less and less sympathetic. You're in a different country. You change to fit in, the country doesn't change to fit you.

On another note, the police department sending out post cards with puppies on them reminds me of the police in the movie Hot Fuzz.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
dtheman said:
I used to be sympathetic to other peoples' cultures, but its little things like this that make me less and less sympathetic. You're in a different country. You change to fit in, the country doesn't change to fit you.
rant

I was too, believe it or not.

"When in Rome..." doesn't apply to strict muslims. They are better than anyone else, didn't you know? The culture of the countries they invad... I'm mean move to, must change and adapt to their caveman ways. strict muslims are NOT tolerant, but we insist on teaching our people to be open minded and tolerant. That only works when it is a two way street. But it's not. If it was, all muslims would be open minded and tolerant about our cultures love for dogs and pigs and allowing women to be equals and dress the way they want to.

Try moving into a saudi village and screaming on the media that you are offended at not being able to have dogs and raise pigs to eat. And see what that will get you.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,212980,00.html

Or act offended when you see women treated the way they are... hanged for being raped. "Well, she showed a piece of skin accidentally, she must have wanted to be raped, she tempted me, it's her fault." Give me a flippin break.

There are indeed people from islamic countries who come here and adapt to our culture. And they do not (that I have seen) try to inflict their ways on to me. That is cool, that is the way it should be. I don't try to force my beliefs on them. But the ones that insist on moving to another country and expect us to recognize their natural superiority and scream foul until they get their way can kiss my ass and leave.

Anytime one of these lunatic groups start spouting out this "I'm offended" crap, they need to be laughed at, ridiculed, insulted, and then ignored. Then this idiocy will stop. But it won't stop as long as we are tolerant of it. That is how islam spreads. They brow beat you with their silly notions from 1400 years ago until people just say "fine, if you feel that strongly about it"... the end result is eventual sharia law... on American soil.

How embarrassing that with all the advances the west has made, we still allow an obvious threat to our way of life to behave like a spoiled child and then coddle it and give into it as if it were okay, just to see the same scene repeated on the next tantrum.

When you get slapped in the face long enough it is possible to develope a very deep resentment for anyone. Thus my sympathy has morphed to loathing for these strict muslims complaining that we make this country (and Europe) abide by their standards. (or lack thereof)

But like an abused spouse that keeps returning to a violent husband... "we" keep coddling these strict muslim invad... immigrants.

/rant

·
Registered
412 Posts
dtheman & TA:

We have the same view :x

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Must have missed it... fill us in.

·
Registered
373 Posts
British comedy from the guys who made Shawn of the Dead. It's kind of a stupid movie but has its parts. Anyways, the police department is full of incompetent officers who do things like send of post cards with puppy dogs on them. If you haven't seen it then you won't make the connection.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
ICM856 said:
Muslims who believe dogs are "ritually unclean,"
Wow, I feel the same way about muslims.
:x
:?

Those **** rags should come to my house so I can teach my 6 month going on 70lbs Mastiff what is good to eat, I swear the only place AI have ever so much winning was this new guy we hired. We got rid of him after a week.

Just give me the Muzzies and no one else will get hurt!

Not my pup but same breed

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
:lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts